Burberry trench : please help me choose between these 2 size!

Jjumnunja

May 16, 2014
Hello.

I went to Burberry sale last week but got a full price prorsum trench instead. Haha silly me!
I got this double gabardine trench in size 40, but it seems like the upper part is a bit loose which bothers me.
(but it can be a good thing - I can wear a wool jacket under without feeling tight at all)

I went for an exchange and got it in size 38. It definitely feels smaller. Now when wearing over a jacket it feels a little bit tight, but when you close the button it looks perfect.

I will summarise pros and cons for each one.

Size 40
Pros : Can wear over a suit without feeling tight at all. The length is better.
Cons : It seems a little bit loose? on the breast.

Size 38
Pros : It fits perfectly
Cons : It's a bit short. (you can see from the picture, it doesn't cover my knee as I'm quite tall). When wearing a jaceket it feels a little bit tight.

These are the picture. Sorry for my messy room.
What do you think? or should I refunded? :sad:

Size 38

yiJpHQ.jpg

gXtDKU.jpg

IhGKXr.jpg

size 40

sJwxCJ.jpg

aElkOk.jpg

oum8m6.jpg

Eelta2.jpg

I would go up a size. I had the same dilemma, I was between two sizes and the 4 was a perfect fit. I went ahead for the 6. Mainly because I also wanted room if I wore something heavier underneath. You look great in both sizes!

40 size up still looks good! you look great which is more comfortable ??

The 40 feels more comfortable. But you can see that there's room in the upper part. This coat is a slim cut so I'm not sure if I should go for the 38 that fits me perfectly, or the 40 that feels more comfortable but doesn't fit perfectly on the breast?

The 40 feels more comfortable. But you can see that there's room in the upper part. This coat is a slim cut so I'm not sure if I should go for the 38 that fits me perfectly, or the 40 that feels more comfortable but doesn't fit perfectly on the breast?

I like being comfortable and honestly you still look great with it, the 40. If you are not sure, can refund till you know because it's costly and it's always going to be available.

I like being comfortable and honestly you still look great with it, the 40. If you are not sure, can refund till you know because it's costly and it's always going to be available.

I ended up returning it. :sad: I'm waiting for winter to come and then maybe I'll see if I still want it or not. Thank you so much for your advice. :smile:

I also sized up when I bought my Sandringham trench coat. 32 was the perfect fit but it leaves no room for even a thin cardigan. So I went up a size to 34 which still fit comfortably & I can wear sweater inside.

You look great in both! :smile: You have to go back soon and get one :biggrin: Personally I prefer tighter clothes (especially with Burberry, just last week I was trying on their summer coats and parkas and 32 was way better than 34, although I usually wear 34), but if you intend to wear something bulky beneath it, I would recommend the 40 :smile: