Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir Leather Tote

handbagjunkie00

LV Addict
O.G.
Jan 28, 2014
Nordy's has this bag reduced for their anniversary sale.

lepliagecuir_zpss8nvwjc3.jpg

Checked You Tube to see if there were any reviews and came up empty.

Here are some questions that I'm hoping someone can answer:

1. Anyone have this bag? If so, how do you like it?

2. Is this bag heavy without anything in it?

3. How does this bag wear over time (e.g., scuffs, etc.)?

4. If you own a nylon Le Pliage tote, is this bag too similar to have in one's collection?

5. Do you recommend using a bag organizer?

6. How soft is this leather? Do you have to be extra careful with it?

I have the nylon Le Pliage large tote in black, so am wondering how this bag compares.

Thank you.

A bunch of us got this last year. I like it.

Nordy says that it's 1.2 lbs empty. I believe that is correct.

It depends on how careful you are. I use a beeswax based leather preservative on the corners myself to help with wear. My current fave is Weatherproofing but Obenauf LP can do too.

4. If you own a nylon Le Pliage tote, is this bag too similar to have in one's collection?

I say no but it's up to you.

No. Personal preference.

It's soft. I am not extra careful but I am not that careless with my bags. I'm not anal and will put it on the ground for instance.

I have the nylon Le Pliage large tote in black, so am wondering how this bag compares.

It's the same 1899 style and dimensions.

It depends on how careful you are. I use a beeswax based leather preservative on the corners myself to help with wear. My current fave is Weatherproofing but Obenauf LP can do too.

No. Personal preference.

It's soft. I am not extra careful but I am not that careless with my bags. I'm not anal and will put it on the ground for instance.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and time to reply. I really appreciate it :smile:

No. Personal preference.

May I ask which color you bought? I managed to purchase the camel which seems to go in and out of inventory. I was tempted to get the black- cannot go wrong with black and if the corners scuff, I figured they could easily be touched up. I only own the nylon Le Pliage. I also bought the bilberry expandable at Nordie's sale a few days ago. It seems the Longchamps sale items fly off the website. Nice that they are MIF.

So now I do not know whether to grab the black before it is too late!

May I ask which color you bought? I managed to purchase the camel which seems to go in and out of inventory. I was tempted to get the black- cannot go wrong with black and if the corners scuff, I figured they could easily be touched up. I only own the nylon Le Pliage. I also bought the bilberry expandable at Nordie's sale a few days ago. It seems the Longchamps sale items fly off the website. Nice that they are MIF.

So now I do not know whether to grab the black before it is too late!

I got the Black.

I missed out on the camel one. Does Nordstrom puts this bag on sale every year? I want this color.TIA.

There will be returns so it will pop back up on the website. Keep checking.