Hermes Kelly pochette authentication issue

Styleanyone

Jul 13, 2016
To all the Hermes lover, I have a question needs help. I bought a Kelly pochette on eBay. Seller has the bag authenticated by one authenticator and confirmed its authenticity while I did with different authenticator and proved it is unauthentic. What should I do?

I would go with Bababei, she would know if it's authentic.

I do agree, Bababebi is the Hermès of Hermès authentication! She has over 30 years experience buying and selling Hermes bags. When I bought my Kelly from a reseller I had it authenticated by her.
But to be honest, I'd steer clear of anything that has the shadow of doubt cast on it. This isn't small money we're talking. A lot better to spend a little more time searching or a little money on a good authenticator (like bababebi) than have to deal with having spent so much money on a fake.

Be careful, whichever way you choose to go -

Love

I won the bid and bought it. After I received it, I didn't feel right so I contacted Bababebi and sent her the link for the bag and some photos that I took. Just as I doubted, the bag was not an authentic bag. So I contacted the seller and opened a claim. I wanted to return the bag. However, the seller insisted that the bag is an authentic bag because is was authenticated by carol diva. I believe what the seller said. It was mentioned in her auction that the buyer can confirm with carol diva for authenticity for the bag. This is the strangest thing that I ever met. Now, I am waiting for her authenticator to confirm it.

Color is bit different, it is more pink or red than the capucine color shown in online photos but it is the same bag with the same markings inside. It looked smaller as I compare with other pochette that I have.

Carol Diva is not an expert in Hermes and I would not consider her opinion.
You need a proven expert such as Bababei.
Also the price, I would love to purchase one at the price you paid for brand new, unfortunately that should have been a sign- too good to be true.

Hope you get this resolved in your favor❤️

Last edited:
Thank you Rouge. I never had a problem buying Hermes bags online except this one. I have been in auction and have seen Hermes bags sold at low and high prices. But you're right about the price. I am waiting to hear back from her authenticator about this bag.

I am waiting to hear back from her authenticator about this bag.

If her authenticator isn't Bababebi, you won't be on solid ground. They can say authentic and it still might not be (in the seller's interest, after all, to keep you as a buyer). Be sure you see the authentication document, too, and not rely on the seller's word about the result.

Hi jellyv, my authenticator is Bababebi. This is the reason that I wanted to return the item because it is NOT authentic. But, the seller insisted that the item is authentic and it has authenticated. I am waiting for the authentication paperwork from her and her authenticator Carol Diva.