Goyard, Hermes or LV?

I love LV ... Mainly because it is durable. Partly because their online purchase service is really good and easy to navigate the items I want. Easy to obtain their stuff.

I do not like the hunting game. I always have a Wishlist. And once the occasion arrives, I just wanna pay the money, and get the item. Hopefully get it done online, within 15 minutes.

So in this case I vote for LV

Reactions: j19
I love LV ... Mainly because it is durable. Partly because their online purchase service is really good and easy to navigate the items I want. Easy to obtain their stuff.

I do not like the hunting game. I always have a Wishlist. And once the occasion arrives, I just wanna pay the money, and get the item. Hopefully get it done online, within 15 minutes.

So in this case I vote for LV

Yes I will say that LV makes things easy and their items are extremely durable.

Ignore brand image and associations. Be confident enough in your own judgment to choose the bag you like for its design and how it fits in with your personal style. Enjoy it (for years) for its quality of materials and workmanship. That will be the right choice for you.

p.s. might I throw Moynat into the mix too!
Agreed. Don't just look at the brand name. The most important is to find a print/style/color that suit you.

Definitely wrong imo, I've been in Paris many times and I don't spot them often there. ;)

In Tokyo, Goyard is ubiquitous. Being one of the earliest overseas market, Japan has a huge Goyard fan base. If you were to walk around the streets of Tokyo, you can easily spot ladies carrying the Saint Louis, especially the white and grey goyardine.

Voltaire is a popular model for guys.

You posted in Goyard thread so I feel like you are mostly oriented towards Goyard, which is good because I respect them for their craftsmanship! You ae right about LV, but once you walk into store, see all high quality made pieces, impeccable service, all kind of bags - it just wins over your heart and you feel bad for not buying anything. Hermes is the brand that is in league of its own, full leather pieces(sometimes overpriced) but well made. My only negatives about Hermes are that their bags look too simple, or no design (and lets face it, it is important for your bag to be pretty and well-designed since you are paying from brand that has its designers) and bad in-store service. Having said all that, why don't you try Dior? High quality, beautiful colors, variety of bags, modern, sophisticated, designer, lovely service, not too expensive(compared to Hermes, and some Goyard pieces - having in mind its canvas-)? #teamDIOR
I second this. Dior is so chic and classy!

Goyard for my everyday, workhorse & travel bags.. Hermes for my evening/occasion bags. Craftsmanship and brand-wise I adore Goyard, they are especially good at balancing the fine line between maintaining exclusivity yet still offer great service & buying experience. When they say its not available it really isn't available... I also like how Goyard kept a few styles that may not be 'in' at this moment in time but are beautiful in their own way (i.e. Goyard Saigon, 233,.).

I love Hermes products for their craftsmanship but I really do not agree with their brand. I absolutely loove the birkins and kellys but their exclusivity is debatable (i.e."waiting lists", "yearly birkin quotas", SAs lying to clients or asking them to 'prove worthy of a birkin' etc.) and their buying experience is absolutely terrible.

So my vote goes for Goyard, because at the end of the day buying luxury should be pleasure, not a business school interview. :cool::smartass:

Right now I am crushing on Goyard! However, the bags are starting to show up in a lot of places. Last week I was up in New England at my beach club with my navy St. Louis. At lunch there were two woman at adjacent tables with the same bag. Nevertheless, I'm still planning on buying a black St. Louis for fall.

Hermes > LV > Goyard

Noone does leather better than Hermes. Impeccable craftsmanship and durability.
I used to dislike LV and its monogram, until I really got into understanding the world of LV.
If you only see the basic ones, most likely you won't like LV. LV has such an extensive range,
that they can do just anything. Once you are part of their VIPs, you'll know why LV is LV.
People say that Goyard is under the radar, but the truth is, their monogram is pretty loud!
It is discreet, as in their marketing, but its contrasting monogram is just as, if not louder
than LV's monogram. People think LV monogram is loud, only because it is everywhere.
IF, LV was just a small atelier, I don't think their monogram is as loud as Goyard.

Either way, there is no bad choice here. It is not fair to compare brand to brand, because
they are each unique. Hermes also makes trunks too! People rarely talk about it because
they rarely see one. Quality wise, H and LV are both badass. Goyard is rarer, but that doesn't
mean rare is always better. LV monogram is the most durable material I have ever known,
I'd say more durable and stronger than Goyard's monogram. As for H, it depends on the leather.
It is not fair to compare, say Sikkim vs Ardennes, vs LV and Goyard. But when it comes to real
original leather, Hermes is the one, and only one.

I like the Goyard St. Louis and the discontinued Marquises (sp?). I’m also fond of LV (the black and white Stephen sprouse line was my favorite and moderately priced when it came out), but I had some limited edition neverfulls too. The majority of my edited collection is Hermes. for evening, I preferred chanel metallic or small clutches. My mom has moved on from Hermes to Moynat and Faure le Paige (sp?). TBH, I see lots of each brand where I live, and like GVL, moms and daughters sometimes with the same bag etc. At least before covid.

Reactions: sundreamer
I've only had LV and Goyard bags, so I can't say anything about Hermes. I prefer the look of Goyard but the quality is awful. LV is more ubiquitous, but I've had better experiences with their products and their customer service.

However, right now I am really loving my Faure le Page daily battle tote. It is a true workhorse, the quality is amazing and I find it even more exclusive than Goyard. I have only ever seen a handful of women carry them.