Whole new Style - no Hardware (2016)

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
Just received pics from the Bal-LA boutique, of a whole new 'style' .. without any hardware (as you will all see). This is something that I have to see IRL, because I'm not quite sure about it .. however, since it is Calfskin leather (like the Metal Plate), one never knows!!!
  • Pic #1 = Small City
  • Pic #2 = City
808_zpsqihsfhcv.jpeg
809_zpst345a7ba.jpeg

I like it. It's a little weird but I like the plainness. Maybe go even further and get rid of the holes. Really plain but with the old city form. It looks like when they were in production, the designer started to notice a stage in production and appreciated the look before the hardware was attached. Maybe it's just cost-effective to sell them since they had punched the holes already and maybe next season they won't punch the holes and the bag will be extremely plain .

Last edited:
I like it. It's a little weird but I like the plainness. Maybe go even further and get rid of the holes. Really plain but with the old city form. It looks like when they were in production, the designer started to notice a stage in production and appreciated the look before the hardware was attached. Maybe it's just cost-effective to sell them since they had punched the holes already and maybe next season they won't punch the holes and the bag will be extremely plain .

HELLO my friend!!!! .. yeah, like I said .. I really need to see this IRL because in some respects, I like the kind of "zen" (quiet) quality of it .. but of course, the leather will be it's ultimate fate!!!

Thanks for posting CeeJay...I think it's interesting....I like the minimalist aspect of it but something about it makes me "eh"...my experience is that with certain changes to bags & new styles, my eyes take time to accept & appreciate them. So many times I dislike bags when they first come out but then, BAM, before I know it I'm intrigued, & then in love with it....so I never say never:smile:

Reactions: Summerfriend
This feels so incomplete :-s The hardware is actually one of the features I love with Balenciaga bags. This design just killed it for me. Maybe it looks better irl :confused1::sad: