Diorama or VCA Alhambra??

DrMom12

Jun 30, 2015
Hi Ladies!
I've already posted this in the Dior Forum, but I was hoping to get some more opinions, and was told that posting it here may get me some.
My hubby's and my anniversary is coming up in a month, and I can't decide what I want! I originally was deciding between a Chanel boy and the VCA Vintage Alhambra 10 motif onyx, but after really feeling the bag at Saks this weekend, I decided it may be too stiff for me. While in Saks, I wandered in Dior, and saw the Diorama. I love the edgy/yet classic style of it it more than the boy bag and I feel like i'd probably get a lot of use out of it. Though I could buy it for myself, the VCA necklace seems like it would be more special as a gift. I've been dreaming about the Alhambra for awhile now, but I feel bad making him buy me such an expensive gift (Though it is 25 years... and he keeps telling me it's perfectly fine) when all he is asking for are some new golf clubs! I don't know, what do you guys think? Should I just stick with the necklace, as my husband has already agreed to it? or should I buy it myself and let him buy me the bag? Or just get the bag myself? Ughh this is hard! What are your experiences with both? Do any of you have both and recommend one over the other?

TIA!

(and mods, if this is technically a duplicate thread, feel free to take it down!)

Hi Ladies!
I've already posted this in the Dior Forum, but I was hoping to get some more opinions, and was told that posting it here may get me some.
My hubby's and my anniversary is coming up in a month, and I can't decide what I want! I originally was deciding between a Chanel boy and the VCA Vintage Alhambra 10 motif onyx, but after really feeling the bag at Saks this weekend, I decided it may be too stiff for me. While in Saks, I wandered in Dior, and saw the Diorama. I love the edgy/yet classic style of it it more than the boy bag and I feel like i'd probably get a lot of use out of it. Though I could buy it for myself, the VCA necklace seems like it would be more special as a gift. I've been dreaming about the Alhambra for awhile now, but I feel bad making him buy me such an expensive gift (Though it is 25 years... and he keeps telling me it's perfectly fine) when all he is asking for are some new golf clubs! I don't know, what do you guys think? Should I just stick with the necklace, as my husband has already agreed to it? or should I buy it myself and let him buy me the bag? Or just get the bag myself? Ughh this is hard! What are your experiences with both? Do any of you have both and recommend one over the other?

TIA!

(and mods, if this is technically a duplicate thread, feel free to take it down!)
I think that the VCA 10-motif (or any jewelry really) would be a more memorable, special gift than a bag. Bags are more utilitarian; jewelry, to me, is sentimental. Buy yourself the bag and let DH treat you to the necklace. Just my humble opinion! :smile:

I think that the VCA 10-motif (or any jewelry really) would be a more memorable, special gift than a bag. Bags are more utilitarian; jewelry, to me, is sentimental. Buy yourself the bag and let DH treat you to the necklace. Just my humble opinion! :smile:
Thanks for the input! I agree, jewelry does seem more special!

You will have the Alhambra forever. It is a timeless classic. It, unlike a bag, will always be in style and last and last, just like your marriage! Also, Adele was wearing the Alhambra wrapped on her wrist at her concert this week.

I would definitely go for the Alhambra. A timeless classic and much more special for a special moment IMO.
You have been thinking about the Alhambra for a while now, which probably means you really like it.
And like someone else mentioned, sometimes we fall out of love with a bag after a while. But I can't imagine (at least for me), falling out of love with the classic Alhambra.
I am at a point right now where I would like to invest in a few nice jewelry pieces instead of new bags.
So I would really stick with the Alhambra (or even another VCA piece if there are more things that you like), and if you still like the Dior over a while, you can always get it yourself later ;).

You have received great advice here!! I find jewelry a much more sentimental gift than handbags.
The Alhambra design has been around since the 1960's and still looks current. The design is timeless and a 10 motif can be dressed up or down. You can wear it with just about anything and even add another 10 motif later if you like long necklaces. This is an item that can be passed down to a daughter or a granddaughter someday.
Congratulations on your anniversary!

You may be different from me, but I fall in and out of love with handbags over time. The diorama and boy bags are beautiful bags, but in 5 years will you look back on one of them and think "now that was a great anniversary present!" With jewelry I think you might!

I vote for jewelry!!
Sorry for the untimely reply, but thanks for the input! I try to buy classic bags, that I know I will love forever, and I do feel like the Diorama is a new classic. Though I think that the alhambra may be more memorable!

I would definitely go for the Alhambra. A timeless classic and much more special for a special moment IMO.
You have been thinking about the Alhambra for a while now, which probably means you really like it.
And like someone else mentioned, sometimes we fall out of love with a bag after a while. But I can't imagine (at least for me), falling out of love with the classic Alhambra.
I am at a point right now where I would like to invest in a few nice jewelry pieces instead of new bags.
So I would really stick with the Alhambra (or even another VCA piece if there are more things that you like), and if you still like the Dior over a while, you can always get it yourself later ;).

Sorry for the untimely reply, but thanks for the input! I try to buy classic bags, that I know I will love forever, and I do feel like the Diorama is a new classic. Though I think that the alhambra may be more memorable!

I agree with you both completely! Thank you both for the advice.... i think I am leaning towards the Alhambra...