Heading to NYC...

pennyrog

O.G.
Dec 21, 2008
Hi everyone :smile:

I'm heading to NYC this week and am curious about which LV store you think has a better selection of inventory.
I'll be staying in lower Manhattan and have a relatively limited time frame to shop. I am intending on purchasing a mini pochette and the SOHO location will be closest to me, but would really like to make one stop and not have to trek around the city to find what I am looking for. Would you recommend 5th Ave instead?

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for places to eat that are relatively affordable, please share.

Thanks in advance!

I have heard good things on here about the LV in SoHo. I imagine the ones in Midtown Manhattan would be much busier, I was there last summer on a Saturday. If you are staying in lower Manhattan, it's always fun to eat in Little Italy, the prices aren't bad for lunch.

Hey! NYC resident here! I actually never been to the Soho store. I tend to go to the LV inside Macy's Herald Square the most, but it is very busy! I like that one because I'm usually shopping for multiple things, shoes, bags, and I LOVE the Sephora across the street. There are also many places to eat in the vicinity. But like I said, it's a very busy area and can be overwhelming if you're not used to it.

I LOVE the Soho store, I've always gotten better service than the 5th Ave store which is always busy (same as the LV in Macy's).

Have fun in NYC!!!

I recently had a great experience at the LV inside Saks. I went to the 5th Ave store and wasn't impressed with the service and like others have said it was very busy!! I did call the 800 # ahead of time to make sure the boutiques had the bag I was looking for in stock. Have fun on your trip!

I have heard good things on here about the LV in SoHo. I imagine the ones in Midtown Manhattan would be much busier, I was there last summer on a Saturday. If you are staying in lower Manhattan, it's always fun to eat in Little Italy, the prices aren't bad for lunch.
Part of why I am thinking SoHo is because I figure midtown would be busier, and I'm not sure I want to deal with that. Saturday would be the day for me to purchase, so those 2 things combined make me want to avoid midtown! Definitely have plans to eat in Little Italy!

Thanks for the advice!

Hey! NYC resident here! I actually never been to the Soho store. I tend to go to the LV inside Macy's Herald Square the most, but it is very busy! I like that one because I'm usually shopping for multiple things, shoes, bags, and I LOVE the Sephora across the street. There are also many places to eat in the vicinity. But like I said, it's a very busy area and can be overwhelming if you're not used to it.

Hi Manchoo78,

Thanks for the advice. I think I will most likely end up shopping SoHo. I've never been (first time in NYC), but I would like to shop a store where my chances are pretty good of getting what I want. Living where I do, my closest stand alone store often doesn't have what I am looking for in stock, and I'd love a Louis to remind me of my first time in NYC.

Any recommendations for the best pizza in town?

Call 188 and they can check the availability in stores ! If u have already known what u would looking for! Then go to he store with it in stock:smile:
Thanks for the tip aimeng! I have been so busy with work (lame excuse, but so true!) leading up to this trip I haven't really had time to call. I may try once I make it to my hotel.

I recently had a great experience at the LV inside Saks. I went to the 5th Ave store and wasn't impressed with the service and like others have said it was very busy!! I did call the 800 # ahead of time to make sure the boutiques had the bag I was looking for in stock. Have fun on your trip!
Thanks galex101404! I've been researching and many agree that the service on 5th Ave can be lackluster. I think I may have to call around once I make it into town. Do you think the chances of most stores having mini pochettes in stock are good?