Don't hot stamp victorine wallets

Melissa.

Oct 14, 2013
Just a warning to anyone purchasing the Victorine who wants to have the wallet hot stamped. My local LV called me today to pick up the victorine I had ordered and when I went in they asked me if I wanted it hot stamped so I said sure. They brought it back out and the SA told me the hot stamp had slid and so the monogram was visibly distorted and would need to be sent back and a replacement ordered in. The SA told me it was common with the victorine because of the way the folds are placed and I believe it cause when I originally went in to order it they showed me someone else's wallet that was being sent back as well cause the same thing had happened. Don't recommend anyone hot stamp this item.

Interesting. Do you think it is a lack of training within your store? I'm in Ontario, and had my business trolley luggage tag hot stamped, and I was so impressed by how perfect it came out.
I was really upset when i had to check my trolley at the gate on a West Jet flight, and my trolley came back missing my perfect luggage tag.

Interesting. Do you think it is a lack of training within your store? I'm in Ontario, and had my business trolley luggage tag hot stamped, and I was so impressed by how perfect it came out.
I was really upset when i had to check my trolley at the gate on a West Jet flight, and my trolley came back missing my perfect luggage tag.

I doubt it's lack of training at my local store. I know most of the girls there have been there quite a few years. It's only the victorine wallet that has this issue with the hot stamping because of the folds of the wallet not allowing it to lay completely flat and still. A luggage tag would be no issue.

That's a shame, you go there to pick up your new wallet and walk out with nothing and now have to wait for a new one :sad: They could have mentioned it to you before they did it if it's a common issue with this wallet. I hope your new one arrives quickly.

Thanks for letting us know :smile:

Just a warning to anyone purchasing the Victorine who wants to have the wallet hot stamped. My local LV called me today to pick up the victorine I had ordered and when I went in they asked me if I wanted it hot stamped so I said sure. They brought it back out and the SA told me the hot stamp had slid and so the monogram was visibly distorted and would need to be sent back and a replacement ordered in. The SA told me it was common with the victorine because of the way the folds are placed and I believe it cause when I originally went in to order it they showed me someone else's wallet that was being sent back as well cause the same thing had happened. Don't recommend anyone hot stamp this item.
Thank you for sharing. I think the Victorine is a functional and beautiful little wallet and I’d like to add it to my collection soon.

Mine turned out fine. Was thinking of taking my Rosalie I bought in Italy this summer and gave it myself for xmas hot stamped. Maybe it is not a great idea.

Following this thread as my DD received her Victorine as a present and we were planning on getting it hot stamped this weekend but got sick. Maybe we should reconsider this.