Heart singing for my first Chanel

Vinnie42

Nov 30, 2015
Hi guys, this is my first post on the Chanel thread but I have been browsing the Chanel Forum for a while as I love Chanel, but kidded myself I would not spend that much on a bag.
Yesterday, I found myself (I actually did not know there was a Chanel boutique in Manchester Selfridges) in the heady situation of being face to face with my dream Chanel Bag.
What can a girl do, especially with a big birthday just behind her and money in her pocket.
I am beyond delighted and l hope you won't mind me asking all sorts of newbie questions.
I would also like to thank you all for the brill posts and advice which helped me know just want bag I would want. :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 747
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 753
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 875
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 951
OMG i'm so happy for you, your bag is perfect. Congratulations, its a slippery slope! I've only just bought my first Chanel and I'm already saving for my next. I'm totally obsessed with Reissues lately, I adored yours. What size is it?

Thank you so much BlueHydrangea. It's a 226.
I fear you are absolutely right about the slippery slope. Being surrounded by the beauties I fell for several other bags and could not put the lambskin double wallet down. :heart::smile:

Thank you so much BlueHydrangea. It's a 226.
I fear you are absolutely right about the slippery slope. Being surrounded by the beauties I fell for several other bags and could not put the lambskin double wallet down. :heart::smile:
Haha, its funny you should say that because I almost bought a lambskin double wallet last time I went to Selfridges, I ended up with a lamb cardcase. Here is the link to the thread
http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/small-unexpected-reveal-emoji85.944858/
Same here, Chanel never fails to make me want everything on display! Its so hard to pick just one thing. Enjoy your bag, I'd love to know how you get on with it. I'm really considering a 226 reissue for an everyday bag, the leather is so much lighter and easier to use than the lambskin or caviar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vinnie42
Your card case is stunning! What a beautiful colour. You must be thrilled everything you go to use your cards. :smile:
I am such a newbie I have just scratched the surface....this is dangerous.
Especially as Manchester is just an hour away from where I live....:amazed:

Congrats!! First purchase is always so special and you made such a great choice!! The bag looks so luxurious and pretty!!
Thank you so much. It's a relief to hear that I have made a good choice. Personally I am delighted but it's good to know there is an element of being sensible. :smile: