Please help.. Can't decide between Classic Jumbo or Reissue

Angie43

O.G.
Jan 14, 2010
hi fellow TPFers, need help in deciding between 1) Classic Jumbo Caviar in silver hardware or 2) Chevron Reissue Black with Matt gold hardware in distressed calfskin (pic shown)

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 371
I tried both chevron reissue and jumbo in store and eventually went with the reissue although mine was the same distressed calf leather with black chain. You'll be able to tell if you tried both; I wasn't even thinking about the chevron reissue but once I tried it on, it was love at first sight! [emoji7]

Besides the softer leather, the other factor was the weight; the reissue is much lighter than the jumbo.

I'm not sure what size your reissue is (227?) but mine is 226 and it fits about the same amount of stuff as a jumbo can. :smile:

Normally I prefer classic over reissue but it is growing on me. And for me the choice between caviar with silver hardware and chevron with gold hardware I'd choose the latter.

I tried both chevron reissue and jumbo in store and eventually went with the reissue although mine was the same distressed calf leather with black chain. You'll be able to tell if you tried both; I wasn't even thinking about the chevron reissue but once I tried it on, it was love at first sight! [emoji7]

Besides the softer leather, the other factor was the weight; the reissue is much lighter than the jumbo.

I'm not sure what size your reissue is (227?) but mine is 226 and it fits about the same amount of stuff as a jumbo can. :smile:

Thanks breathe.love! I tried on both and I actually like the reissue better too! I don't have a classic.. and the SA was appalled that I hesitated on a Classic Jumbo!? and proceeded to tell me how "hard" it was to get a classic jumbo in.. etc... that's where the panic and uncertainty comes in.. :P
I'm not sure what the size is.. but the SA says it's the jumbo size too..

Thanks Marlee, would you say whether the chevron or the quilted is more popular?

I heard that the chevron Reissues are selling fast, but the quilted is the ultimate classic and will therefore always be popular I think. Last Saturday I saw several chevron Reissues at the boutique, and while I thought they were beautiful, I personally like the quilted best. The chevron seemed quite sturdy to me while my quilted bag is very supple, which I love. I think the best thing you can do is to go to the boutique, look at both and see which one makes your heart sing :smile: