Jessica Alba

"I've got cousins galore. Mexicans just spread all their seeds. And the women just pop them out."
"My grandfather was the only Mexican at his college, the only Hispanic person at work and the only one at the all-white country club. He tried to forget his Mexican roots, because he never wanted his kids to be made to feel different in America. He and my grandmother didn't speak Spanish to their children. Now, as a third-generation American, I feel as if I have finally cut loose."
"My whole life, when I was growing up, not one race has ever accepted me, ... So I never felt connected or attached to any race specifically. I had a very American upbringing, I feel American, and I don't speak Spanish. So, to say that I'm a Latin actress, OK, but it's not fitting; it would be insincere."
"My grandfather was the only one in our family to go to college. He made a choice not to speak Spanish in the house. He didn't want his kids to be different."

"[Before] I always felt like such an outcast and now I feel like people are more diverse ethnically. I was always self conscience of my puffy lips and darker skin when I was a kid, because I felt like I didn't fit in. And now its mainstream, and color isn't as big of a deal and if anything its better."
- Jessica "Don't Call Me Latina" Alba tells the new issue of Para Todos magazine

What do you ladies think of this?

She must have an aggressive publicist and people behind her.
There pumping her up on every media outlet out there how she's the best thing since sliced bread.

I like her, think she's quite talented, but doesn't match all the hype her people are doing.

Uhm. Sure. It's one thing to not be "connected" to your roots but to disconnect it completely is making her seems like she's the one who's not accepting her race.

I am half Chinese and Half Malaysian/Thai. I am darker than a lot of Chinese and I have full lips and huge eyes - very unstereotypical. However, Although I don't speak Chinese or Malaysian I still acknowledge that I am who I am. I'm not just Canadian. I'm not ashamed.

I going to go against the majority of postings thus far......Honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong or awful with her statement. It's her personal conviction and experiences and she shouldn't be judged. We are all different. It's her issue. She's an American. It's great that many hold on to their "roots" but if one chooses not to, then so be it. Live your life and let them live theirs how they see fit. Many times the very people who scream that we must all be tolerant and accepting of others contradict themselves with their own intolerance, opinions and judments. I am guilty of this myself. I'm not a fan of hers but I applaud her sincerity in not playing the pc game and milking her "latino" connection just because it seem to be popular now.
I dunno. Just my opinion.