Do you add protective soles to your Valentino rockstuds?

Meowwu

Apr 11, 2016
I recently bought my first Valentino cage flats. While I can't wait to wear them, I wanted to find out how they wear so I can decide whether I should get protective soles added.

Any advice and suggestions?

Also has anyone had issues with the protective soles near the pointy ends? Do they come out alright?

TIA

I have put protective soles on my rockstuds. With my high and kitten heels I waited until after I had worn them out at least 3 or 4 times before I took them to my cobbler, but with my flats including normal and caged I had them soled when they were either brand new or after just one wear. I don't know why, but the tip of the sole right at the front tends to get absolutely destroyed after just the one wear.

I have put protective soles on my rockstuds. With my high and kitten heels I waited until after I had worn them out at least 3 or 4 times before I took them to my cobbler, but with my flats including normal and caged I had them soled when they were either brand new or after just one wear. I don't know why, but the tip of the sole right at the front tends to get absolutely destroyed after just the one wear.

Would you be able to post a picture? I just ordered my first pair of caged flats as well and have been debating whether or not to get a protective sole added by my cobbler

This!! I don't know why but I have the same problem with all my pointy flats, no matter the brand.. The tips get ruined and look as if they've been sanded down. and I thought it was just me that have this problem!

Great idea to take them to the cobbler ASAP.

Would you be able to post a picture? I just ordered my first pair of caged flats as well and have been debating whether or not to get a protective sole added by my cobbler

Hi sashaj, i am so sorry for the late reply. I don't know why I didn't see your post earlier...:confused1: but here's a pic of one of my resoled rockstuds which looks pretty much like the pic you just posted.
IMG_20160628_224224.jpg

I finally got a pair of the kitten heels and dropped them off at the cobbler straight away. The sole was super thin and I didn't want them ruined by walking on concrete etc. I hope they don't affect the comfort of the overall shoe

Reactions: MrsO
What's the benefit of putting soles on? I see a lot of people do it but I am not sure about why?
Hello! I was told by the sales associate without the additional sole the toes crease. Mine are still perfect after lots of wear but I got them soled immediately. I was going to buy another pair this time second hand through a high end page I follow and I noticed in the photo the left toe was creased the lady said she had worn them 3-4 times.