London Goyard

So best to buy in dollars or pounds today at those numbers?

I think that depends on what your credit card company is charging for rate conversion. For convenience, I just paid in British pounds bc my credit card rate conversion was more favorable at the time. Regardless of which you decide on, the bag will still be cheaper buying in London than the US. I saved USD 500 buying in London with the Voltaire vs buying at the NY boutique.

Reactions: Karen Laughlin
London price at time for Voltaire was 2000 pound which was USD 3000 at the time with conversion. The same bag in NYC at the time was around USD3400 before taxes. So as you can see, after NY taxes, it would be over $3600. Big savings. This is before VAT refund which I didn't bother with bc I was in a rush at Heathrow and didn't feel like waiting in line etc.

How long should I tell him to allow at heathrow? Good point. Glad u mentioned it. Isn't VAT 20%?

I'd allot at least an hour to get through the refund process, and LHR is very strict about the time you must go through security by. I missed it by 1 minute, and they wouldn't let me through. There have been times it's taken much less times, and there have been times I've nearly missed or did miss my flight. I always do the one before security so I can get my refund and check my items. I think the one after is usually shorter though. Also, keep in mind you don't receive the full VAT back.

Hi-If I am in the States, how would I order from the UK? Through a department store or Goyard directly? I would like to take advantage of the lower exchange rates.

If anyone has done this, what are the shipping costs. would you get the VAT removed and are there any other fees? I just want to order the St Louis in a special color (not sure on size yet!) Thanks in advance for your help!

...and I have a few questions - some of which have been answered browsing through some old threads this morning - but I was hoping some of you may be able to help me out. :smile:

1. £660.00 for the St. Louis PM, classic colours - is that still accurate?
2. How does the VAT tax refund work? I know it's 12%. I've done it before in France and Italy...both times the stores issued me a form in store that I presented at the airport. Will Goyard do this, as well?
3. Anyone know what the stock is like at the London store?

And any other tips or advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Excited about my upcoming purchase (provided there's stock...because there's always that - Lol)!

subscibed. heading to london to propose to my girlfriend on Nov 3rd. while we were there we are planning to purchase her first goyard at the store so she can get "the experience". if I am not mistaken I saw someone post that prices were increasing from £710 to an unknown number starting yesterday. I've asked if anyone knew what the increase would be (not that it really matters) but I have yet to hear back. as far as VAT I also read that Goyard will issue you the form and you can either go to customs to claim the VAT return before or after security depending on if you check the recently purchased bag or carry it on with you.

subscibed. heading to london to propose to my girlfriend on Nov 3rd. while we were there we are planning to purchase her first goyard at the store so she can get "the experience". if I am not mistaken I saw someone post that prices were increasing from £710 to an unknown number starting yesterday. I've asked if anyone knew what the increase would be (not that it really matters) but I have yet to hear back. as far as VAT I also read that Goyard will issue you the form and you can either go to customs to claim the VAT return before or after security depending on if you check the recently purchased bag or carry it on with you.
I think I paid

I bought the St. Louis tote in black with the camel/beige leather - so it fell under classic colours. Price was 755 GBP - they issued me a VAT refund form, and on there they showed me 755 - VAT - I believe the VAT was 125 GPB, but there's a 35 GPB processing fee....so I'm expecting 90 pounds back.

Bag was a steal if you ask me, with the dollar - coming from Canada at least. In Canadian dollars, the bag worked out to around $1170 (with my VAT refund).

Reactions: StephenS93
Congratulations!! On both the proposal and the bag!! So delighted for you both! [emoji898][emoji898][emoji898][emoji253][emoji253][emoji253]
Do you mind sharing how well stocked the store is? I am hoping to do a phone order to ship overseas and will call the store soon. Didn't get a chance to visit the store when we were in London earlier this summer even though drove passed it a couple of times, as we prioritized being tourists! Which was wonderful but now I am kicking myself! [emoji4][emoji4] Am also going for the black GM with black handles and trim.