Selling LV Bags

I sell on eBay all the time but through fixed price with BIN as opposed to auction. In the description listing, I make sure to bold and underline immediate payment only. I have better success that way and usually sell items within couple days of listing. I tend to include receipt which of course increased probability of sale. Good luck on your sales!
I do the same thing! I don't want the hassle and wait time of an auction so I do fixed price BIN. It's so easy too. I just recently started including the receipt and that has really made a difference.

eBay definitely seems to be the best way get the most for your money, if done right. I sold a wallet in less than 10 minutes for $300 that a consignment store offered me $175 to buy. The same for a key holder and a Prada handbag.

I think eBay users don't mind a seller who has lower feedback (I have like 78 on eBay) if they are someone who appears to be selling from their personal collection. I feel like buyers are OK with my lower feedback because they can check my history and see I sell Manolos, Jimmy Choos, Louboutains, LV, Prada, etc. every few months and realize that it's all from my personal collections rotating items in/out.

I also think Ebay is the best way to sell. I agree with what the others have to say. I always use BIN and I'm willing to add best offer and have some room to discuss discounting some. Always include the receipt if you have it. I know for me it is important to accept returns especially for very expensive pieces. It's hard to tell through photos. You can always change that once you have built up your score. I have noticed that those with a zero score they will sell their first item as an auction with no reserve and it risky, but your item will sell. Maybe try it on a not so expensive piece to see what happens then go to BIN. I think the three best things that work for me is to give the receipt, decrease the price a bit, and offer a return policy, best of luck to you.

Hi,
I am new to forum so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I wanted advice on selling a Speedy 35 monogram bag I bought in 2011. In the last 5 years I have only taken it out max 4 days total. It is still practically brand new and only has one tiny water mark. I put it on Tradesy after getting low quotes from Fashionphile and Yoogi's but I'm not sure about the price. With tax I paid about $800 but now the price has defiantly increased so what do you think would be a reasonable price to list it at? I was hoping to at least get what I paid out of it. Or is that unrealistic as it is used. Any advice is greatly appreciated as I've never sold anything.

Currency is US. Now with tax it would be $1,060. After Tradesy gets their cut I would cash out for $806. I really would like to get back around $800 but I'm just not sure if that's possible. I'm not in a huge rush to sell it so I don't mind waiting. I did get a message about $650 but I just felt that for the condition it's in that's defiantly too low. Especially when I see others for that price or more in worse condition. I also don't want someone to over pay because I wouldn't want to over pay either.

Wow! Yea, don't list at 800s and definetely not the 600s. Perhaps 950USD? Although it is high, I think people like the idea of saving some tax. If you are not in a rush, definetely wait it out. Hope you get the best offer :smile:

I'm very leary of eBay. I've been screwed twice. Last year I sold an iPhone as is; took tons of pictures and indicated no returns. After the buyer receives the phone he puts in a dispute saying the motherboard wasn't the original; even though it was. So according to eBay even though I sold as is and listed no returns I had to refund the money. I had to give back the money and the buyer shipped me back the iPhone in non working condition with a broken motherboard. So just wanted to let anyone know that sellers have little recourse if someone wants to scam them.

Reactions: USCGirlie
I'm very leary of eBay. I've been screwed twice. Last year I sold an iPhone as is; took tons of pictures and indicated no returns. After the buyer receives the phone he puts in a dispute saying the motherboard wasn't the original; even though it was. So according to eBay even though I sold as is and listed no returns I had to refund the money. I had to give back the money and the buyer shipped me back the iPhone in non working condition with a broken motherboard. So just wanted to let anyone know that sellers have little recourse if someone wants to scam them.

This is def what scares me about selling anything on EBay... All the scammers.

OMG. that's awful! Before I sell any high-end merchandise or electronics I take a picture, besides a video to protect myself. I can't believe that!! I feel so bad for you. That's really messed up!

Last edited:
I also think Ebay is the best way to sell. I agree with what the others have to say. I always use BIN and I'm willing to add best offer and have some room to discuss discounting some. Always include the receipt if you have it. I know for me it is important to accept returns especially for very expensive pieces. It's hard to tell through photos. You can always change that once you have built up your score. I have noticed that those with a zero score they will sell their first item as an auction with no reserve and it risky, but your item will sell. Maybe try it on a not so expensive piece to see what happens then go to BIN. I think the three best things that work for me is to give the receipt, decrease the price a bit, and offer a return policy, best of luck to you.

I sell on eBay as I want the most money out of my bags. I've had good experiences selling 2 LV bags and other lesser expensive bags.

What I find helps
1. Build up your seller feedback score. So sell some cheaper items first
2. Post as many focused clear pictures as eBay allows! This will save you time later on
3. Find the receipt, dust bag, textile card etc This will help you get a better price
3. Write a good clear description with dot points. What is it? Why are you selling it? What's the condition? Disclaimer re no returns so ask questions before bidding/paying. Predict any other questions and answer them in the listing
4. Buy it now with best offer for a slightly higher price to give you room to come down. Ebay buyers see, to love best offer. You will get low offers and be ready to turn people down.
5. Wait for ebay promotions. I got a lot before 30 June! Where I was able to sell items for $3 final fee which was awesome.

Anyways happy selling! I find Aussie buyers on eBay pretty friendly.

OMG. that's awful! Before I sell any high-end merchandise or electronics I take a picture, besides a video to protect myself. I can't believe that!! I feel so bad for you. That's really messed up!
I know how to take this ebay fraud buyer and had saved 10000$ till now as my item start from 2000-3000$.....I remember one old lady bought one bag worth 1400GBP and later after 4days open a claim of defected item......My video and experience saved my 1400GBP

I sell on eBay as I want the most money out of my bags. I've had good experiences selling 2 LV bags and other lesser expensive bags.

What I find helps
1. Build up your seller feedback score. So sell some cheaper items first
2. Post as many focused clear pictures as eBay allows! This will save you time later on
3. Find the receipt, dust bag, textile card etc This will help you get a better price
3. Write a good clear description with dot points. What is it? Why are you selling it? What's the condition? Disclaimer re no returns so ask questions before bidding/paying. Predict any other questions and answer them in the listing
4. Buy it now with best offer for a slightly higher price to give you room to come down. Ebay buyers see, to love best offer. You will get low offers and be ready to turn people down.
5. Wait for ebay promotions. I got a lot before 30 June! Where I was able to sell items for $3 final fee which was awesome.

Anyways happy selling! I find Aussie buyers on eBay pretty friendly.

Thank you for posting 1Kellygirl and revitalise , it will help me with scammers! :ty:

Reactions: revitalise