Vin Scully Fans

bagnshoofetish

Oh. Gee.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
I know this is a longshot but are there any Vin Scully fans besides me in here?

I have been listening to him since 1969 and am having a hard time that this is his last year calling the Dodger games.

If anyone else here would like to talk about Vin, this is the thread to do it! If I am alone in this endeavor, "Table for one!" LOL

I'm a baseball fan so I appreciate the old school announcers and Vin is one of those. Back in Chicago we had Vince (Lloyd) and Lou (Boudreaux) do the Cubs games on radio. It was never the same when they retired so I get how you feel about Vin Scully.

I am a huge Vin fan! Even though I grew up in the Bay Area, I have been a Dodgers fan since I was little.
Much to the shock & horror of many friends.

Yay! Table for 3! LOL!

Oh and Twinkle, whenever the Dodgers blow the pennant title and the Giants are in it, I root for them! (also to the shock of my fellow Dodger fans!)

Do you go to any games, shoo? We used to in Chicago till they became too expensive. It was more fun watching them on tv or listening to radio. Vin Scilly is one of the all time great announcers.

Do you go to any games, shoo? We used to in Chicago till they became too expensive. It was more fun watching them on tv or listening to radio. Vin Scilly is one of the all time great announcers.

Oh yes! As many as we can. But even when I'm there I still have to listen to him call the game on the radio. And I try to sit right below his box so I can see him.:love:

Yay! Table for 3! LOL!

Oh and Twinkle, whenever the Dodgers blow the pennant title and the Giants are in it, I root for them! (also to the shock of my fellow Dodger fans!)

Bwahaha! All growing up it was Dodgers first, Giants second. Every one tried to tell me...you can't be Dodgers & a Giants fan....oh, yes I can.

For awhile, I even lived dangerously and my personalized car license plates were ....DGR BLU. When I sold the car, I was too lazy to keep them. Today, I would be afraid my car would be vandalized.

I can relate ! I am a big S.F. Giants fan, even though my player Tim Lincecum was traded to the Angels. I grew up in a Dodger household and Vin Scully has always had a special place in my heart. I can understand him retiring after this year, but I will really miss him.