Help! City pockets?

Shawna15

Oct 20, 2013
Hi ladies I'm hoping someone can help me, I just purchased a preloved black city with rh. I got it authenticated and was almost certain it was authentic. However, it only has one interior pocket (zipped) is this normal? I have seen some with 2 on one side and one zipped on the other, is this something they have changed by adding more pockets?

Hi ladies I'm hoping someone can help me, I just purchased a preloved black city with rh. I got it authenticated and was almost certain it was authentic. However, it only has one interior pocket (zipped) is this normal? I have seen some with 2 on one side and one zipped on the other, is this something they have changed by adding more pockets?

My city only has one interior zipped pocket. I only have had two Bal's that have had more than one pocket. One was a 2013 Maxi Twiggy and the other was like a 2011 or 2012 Day (I forget the year).

I think only the newer bags come with the slip pockets, I'm not sure if the new City's have them. What year is yours?

My city only has one interior zipped pocket. I only have had two Bal's that have had more than one pocket. One was a 2013 Maxi Twiggy and the other was like a 2011 or 2012 Day (I forget the year).

I think only the newer bags come with the slip pockets, I'm not sure if the new City's have them. What year is yours?
Mine is 2009 I saw one form 2007 that only has one pocket as well..:shrugs:

Correct .. the 'original' B-Bags only had the zippered compartment. Balenciaga later added the 2 pockets in the front; nice addition .. wish they had done it sooner!

Hey everyone
I thought I'd post up a pic of my FRONT pocket - 2005 Black City S/S... I'm not 100% sure when BBag started putting the leather bit in the pocket... I had an 06 Black City back in the day and I think it had the leather bit in the front pocket.
Anyone else wanna share some pics?
Just thought it would be helpful :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0924.JPG
    342.4 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_0844.JPG
    IMG_0844.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 534
Hey everyone
I thought I'd post up a pic of my FRONT pocket - 2005 Black City S/S... I'm not 100% sure when BBag started putting the leather bit in the pocket... I had an 06 Black City back in the day and I think it had the leather bit in the front pocket.
Anyone else wanna share some pics?
Just thought it would be helpful :smile:

Is it authentic if it does not have that leather bit in the front pocket? I just bought this from ebay and seller claimed that it was authenticated by My Poupette. I was planning of dyeing it and give it to my mom. Any opinion will help.

Attachments

• 20170401_000842.jpg
    20170401_000842.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 425
Is it authentic if it does not have that leather bit in the front pocket? I just bought this from ebay and seller claimed that it was authenticated by My Poupette. I was planning of dyeing it and give it to my mom. Any opinion will help.
The leather in the front pocket started in F/W 2005. If you'd like a tPF authentication you can post on the AT thread with the correct photos, see links below.

Reactions: helenNZ