The Winsley - what do you think?

Angsas

O.G.
May 12, 2013
Hi ladies,

As many of you, I'm no fan of Coca's new designs, and his take on the Bayswater is simply criminal in my opinion.

However, I just received a promotional email from Mulberry, featuring among other, a new design called the Winsley.

I can see it's a Celine Trio dressed up as a Mulberry, but nonetheless, somehow this design does speak to me!

I think it looks much nicer than the Trio, more luxurious - the only thing is the hardware is probably a bit too shiny-yellow golden for my liking, but maybe if it came with different colour hardware at some point, I might consider it!

What do you think, ladies?

I like the leather , not sure about the style. The leather and chain strap doesn't work for me. I haven't seen them IRL though. It looks too wide at the bottom. I prefer the trio or Chloe Faye.

I'm not keen, I think it's just too similar to MK's version which has been out a while. Nothing wrong with mk but I think the Cheyne is much nicer, more original and the lock is surprisingly lovely.

Attachments

• 559861_fr_xl.jpg
    559861_fr_xl.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 559861_ou_xl.jpg
    559861_ou_xl.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 2,233
I have seen this bag and really like it. It came down to the Cheyne vs the Winsley. I chose the Cheyne but I still like this just as well. It's a great bag and the leather is beautiful.

I just don't think it's a £1k bag! The shape is very wide at the bottom, but what I found the strangest is that two of the zips close to one end and the other one to the other! (if that makes sense)

I saw this a few weeks ago and was trying to decide between this in clay and the medium lily in dark beige. I think the Winsley is a really nice style, and looked lovely on, but what swayed me over the the lily was that like you, I though the hardware was too yellow for my liking. But other than that I think it's one of the better 'new' bags!

Thanks everyone for your input and comments!

I wasn't actually aware of the MK bag when I wrote this post, but seeing how very similar the designs are, I'm now a bit put off too, even if the Mulberry leather is much nicer.

The thing I just don't get, is how can Mulberry allow this to happen?

Reactions: elvisfan4life