Balenciaga Mini City Metallic Edge Reveal + What Fits!

grumpiepat

Aug 4, 2015
I have been debating whether to get the Mini City or the Town for nearly a year, and I finally bit the bullet and got the Mini City! I love the shape of the Mini City more and I don't really carry a lot everyday.
IMG_4470x.jpg So here it is! I edited the picture and lightened the shadows, so you can see how gorgeous the grain on this bag is. Balenciaga goat leather is the best :heart:
IMG_4471x.jpg So here's what I carry on a daily basis. They all fit comfortably and I can still fit a small umbrella or a small foldable shopping bag.
IMG_4473x.jpg
As you can see, I still have some wriggle room left.

IMG_4477x.jpg
For those wondering, a naked iPad Mini DOES fit, however this does limit the bag's capacity. I've found that it's also quite difficult to put my iPad Mini 4 back inside after I take it out.
IMG_4480x.jpg
However, a Kindle Voyage (in a case) fits very comfortably and I have no difficulty getting it in and out.
IMG_4482x.jpg
With the iPad Mini inside, I was still able to fit my blotting sheets, wet ones, pad, wallet, keys, earphones, hand sanitizer and external battery.
Overall, this bag is soooo comfortable as a crossbody bag especially for shopping trips or even as an everyday bag if you don't carry a lot. The goat leather is extremely sturdy as well.
Hope this helps!

The leather looks really beautiful. Congrats on your new beauty!! :heart:

I have been debating whether to get the Mini City or the Town for nearly a year, and I finally bit the bullet and got the Mini City! I love the shape of the Mini City more and I don't really carry a lot everyday.
View attachment 3387588 So here it is! I edited the picture and lightened the shadows, so you can see how gorgeous the grain on this bag is. Balenciaga goat leather is the best :heart:
View attachment 3387589 So here's what I carry on a daily basis. They all fit comfortably and I can still fit a small umbrella or a small foldable shopping bag.
View attachment 3387590

View attachment 3387591
For those wondering, a naked iPad Mini DOES fit, however this does limit the bag's capacity. I've found that it's also quite difficult to put my iPad Mini 4 back inside after I take it out.
View attachment 3387593
However, a Kindle Voyage (in a case) fits very comfortably and I have no difficulty getting it in and out.
View attachment 3387596
With the iPad Mini inside, I was still able to fit my blotting sheets, wet ones, pad, wallet, keys, earphones, hand sanitizer and external battery.
Overall, this bag is soooo comfortable as a crossbody bag especially for shopping trips or even as an everyday bag if you don't carry a lot. The goat leather is extremely sturdy as well.
Hope this helps!

The black chèvre leather looks just gorgeous in the metallic edge. Thank you for the wonderful photos. I have a question. When you're carrying the bag by the strap, do the handles fold down flat against the body of the bag, the way handles do on regular City or Town bags? Or do they stick out a bit? I ask this because I've heard this as a complaint on another thread about the new Small City bag, and I wondered if it was just because the leather was still stiff and it would stop being a problem once the leather softened up.
Thanks in advance, and again congrats on your gorgeous new bag!:smile::heart:

Ahh I love this bag! I've been looking at it for myself and I'm glad you shared a what fits too, because it really shows how much space there is. Enjoy your new bag!

View attachment 3387588 So here it is! I edited the picture and lightened the shadows, so you can see how gorgeous the grain on this bag is. Balenciaga goat leather is the best :heart:
View attachment 3387589 So here's what I carry on a daily basis. They all fit comfortably and I can still fit a small umbrella or a small foldable shopping bag.
View attachment 3387590

View attachment 3387591
View attachment 3387593
View attachment 3387596
Hope this helps!
G
View attachment 3387590

View attachment 3387591
View attachment 3387593
View attachment 3387596
Hope this helps!
WOW MAJOR CONGRATS grumpiepat(cute name!!) Your bag looks AMAZING & all of your pics are killer fabulous...Thanks so much for posting all of them, especially what fits inside as I keep debating on a mini city or the new small city size. :heart:

The black chèvre leather looks just gorgeous in the metallic edge. Thank you for the wonderful photos. I have a question. When you're carrying the bag by the strap, do the handles fold down flat against the body of the bag, the way handles do on regular City or Town bags? Or do they stick out a bit? I ask this because I've heard this as a complaint on another thread about the new Small City bag, and I wondered if it was just because the leather was still stiff and it would stop being a problem once the leather softened up.
Thanks in advance, and again congrats on your gorgeous new bag!:smile::heart:
image.jpeg
Hi! The handles don't lay flat because of how tiny the spaces are between the studs. I'm guessing the small city might have the same issue unless they make the studs smaller (like in the Hip, from what I've seen in photos).

G

WOW MAJOR CONGRATS grumpiepat(cute name!!) Your bag looks AMAZING & all of your pics are killer fabulous...Thanks so much for posting all of them, especially what fits inside as I keep debating on a mini city or the new small city size. :heart:
image.jpeg

Had I known that Balenciaga was coming out with the small city, i *might* have gotten that instead! It seems like a good size without being toooo small. But i'm content with my mini for now :smile:)) I found a picture of a comparison between the different sizes of the Cities. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
View attachment 3388470

Had I known that Balenciaga was coming out with the small city, i *might* have gotten that instead! It seems like a good size without being toooo small. But i'm content with my mini for now :smile:)) I found a picture of a comparison between the different sizes of the Cities. Hope this helps!
Thanks so much for posting this pic of all 3 sizes! The new small size sure is intriguing is a good way! Many Congrats again on your new bag:flowers::heart:

View attachment 3387590

View attachment 3387591
View attachment 3387593
View attachment 3387596
Hope this helps!