Dyeing vachetta , anyone do that or buy one "restored" ?

designer1

Jul 23, 2010
I've been seeing a lot of older and vintage bags being brought back to life lately.,creative people are painting or dying the vachetta to give the bag a facelift we'll say. I prefer the look as opposed to those who carry bags with huge water stains, filthy looking handles ( speedy ), or just really dark dingey trim . Has anyone attempted to do this or bought a bag that was restored? I'd love to see your pics, I tried searching on the forums but nothing came up.

Last edited:
I saw 2 almas recently that were painted over on the bay. One was a monogram classic painted burgundy on the trim and the other was a multicolor with white painted trim. I prefer the dingy and water stained trims, I think it makes the bags have "character" so to speak but still think it's a cool look to personalize a bag your own way. If you search this forum, someone also made their own monogram macassar keep all which I thought was kind of neat. I couldn't quite find the pictures of the bags in the listing though, sorry :sad: I guarantee, you will bump into something here and there that was modified

Here's a link I found on here about dying a PDV:

http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/anyone-ever-try-to-dye-vachetta.919466/

And a youtube video:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...qz3MmjuTs-o0c2Csg&sig2=-b4_9URMySTXPIsSznPvdw

I don't have any experience but there's a youtuber who does this and she has a Facebook group. She seems to do it for her personal bags and for clients. I think her YouTube name is Little Mammas House. They look amazing.

Reactions: MamaSleepy
I don't have any experience but there's a youtuber who does this and she has a Facebook group. She seems to do it for her personal bags and for clients. I think her YouTube name is Little Mammas House. They look amazing.
YES, I seen one of her videos…thanks
this is what I mean, the vachetta has been restored with black dye, and looks so much better than 20 years of dirt , wear and tear. I think I will go ahead and buy a noe that I have my eye on. ;)

Attachments

• 1457847205962.jpg
    1457847205962.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 2,390
YES, I seen one of her videos…thanks
this is what I mean, the vachetta has been restored with black dye, and looks so much better than 20 years of dirt , wear and tear. I think I will go ahead and buy a noe that I have my eye on. ;)
That bag looks great! If you buy a bag and have her work on it for you please keep us posted!

In most cases, the DIY paint/dye jobs look super ghetto to me. Several TPFers have posted their work and, in general, I am not a fan. Maybe I am too much of a purist to appreciate the "reinvented" bags? I guess if I knew nothing about Louis Vuitton, I might find them as appealing as other bags? :frown:

However, I agree with you that dirty/heavily stained bags should be retired. Too many of them out there! At some point, one's got to let go! :lol:

If you decide to paint/dye your vintage bag, share pics with us! Although it's not my cup of tea, I think a lot of ladies are interested in this newer trend!

In most cases, the DIY paint/dye jobs look super ghetto to me. Several TPFers have posted their work and, in general, I am not a fan. Maybe I am too much of a purist to appreciate the "reinvented" bags? I guess if I knew nothing about Louis Vuitton, I might find them as appealing as other bags? :frown:

However, I agree with you that dirty/heavily stained bags should be retired. Too many of them out there! At some point, one's got to let go! :lol:

If you decide to paint/dye your vintage bag, share pics with us! Although it's not my cup of tea, I think a lot of ladies are interested in this newer trend!

Guess I'm a purist, too - I don't like the dyed vachetta bags -- most look fake to me.....

Reactions: prepster

+2 not my cup of tea either. it just takes away the originality and integrity of the piece.

Reactions: prepster
Well I don't see anything " ghetto" about this beautiful Noe. Maybe because it's black dye, and looks even in color, it looks rich and the added tassels make it a little nicer than the " normal" Noe , in my opinion. I decided to spend the $300 ish and get this for a travel bag. The interior is super clean , the canvas is mint, and now the vachetta looks pretty trendy for a vintage bag ! I never loved the Noe because of all that vachetta on the bottom and then the trim around the opening gets dirty looking [emoji13] problem solved! I also find it weird seeing mono bags with black clothing, now, problem solved ! [emoji1417]
I think I'm going to love it!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466551583.916429.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1466551605.457865.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1466551618.513976.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1466551632.954912.jpg

She did such a great job I'm willing to bet people will say " is that a new style bag "? [emoji6]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466551649.114279.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466551649.114279.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 1,725
Last edited: