Selling LV Bags

Hi all,

I hang out in the mulberry forum really but have been a long time lover of LV monogram. I have two bags, which I bought from selfridges in 2001. They aren't being used, one is a bucket bag and the other is a looped handle bag. Both are in excellent condition as they've pretty much spent their time in the dustbags. I have care cards, dustbags but due to them being bought in 2001 they don't have any serial numbers. So my questions are, how can I sell them for the best price and how can I get them authenticated? I have recently splurged on mulberry and need to recoup!! Thank you so much. Pics of both I'm having issues attaching, could it be as its my first LV post? Both bags are in beautiful condition with s light patina on the leather. 😀 Their proper names might help too..

Hi all,

I hang out in the mulberry forum really but have been a long time lover of LV monogram. I have two bags, which I bought from selfridges in 2001. They aren't being used, one is a bucket bag and the other is a looped handle bag. Both are in excellent condition as they've pretty much spent their time in the dustbags. I have care cards, dustbags but due to them being bought in 2001 they don't have any serial numbers. So my questions are, how can I sell them for the best price and how can I get them authenticated? I have recently splurged on mulberry and need to recoup!! Thank you so much. Pics of both I'm having issues attaching, could it be as its my first LV post? Both bags are in beautiful condition with s light patina on the leather. 😀 Their proper names might help too..

Also if anyone would estimate a value that would really help :smile: thank you again.

Hi all,

Louis Vuitton bags don't have a serial number. They have a date code. Two letters and four numbers. Your bags should have a date code as well. But they are sometimes hard to locate as they are hidden in the bag. Either printed in the lining or on a small leather tab.

Where did they come from?

You need to find out their names (there's an Identify this LV thread here) and get them authenticated by a paid service before listing or consigning them.
Check completed listings on eBay to see their current market value.

For the low end of your value I would search eBay for similar bags and filter by "recently closed" listings. For the high end of your value I would check out some of the consignment sites to see what they are asking for for the same bag.

Louis Vuitton bags don't have a serial number. They have a date code. Two letters and four numbers. Your bags should have a date code as well. But they are sometimes hard to locate as they are hidden in the bag. Either printed in the lining or on a small leather tab.

I found them! Hurrah, now to think best way to sell them for the most money obviously :smile: more bags to buy perhaps..

It's extremely difficult to sell on eBay if your feedback number is low. People are very leary of sellers on there. It's critical that you make an exceptionally fantastic draft with lots of pictures. Make sure to photograph all the details, hardware, all sides, the inside, date code, "made in" tag and any marks, or faults. Your other choice is to hit the secondary market sellers, but they'll offer you 50-60% of it's sale value. Both have their drawbacks. It's really all about the time you have to invest in selling and how much risk you are willing to take. Good luck! I hope you find a buyer :smile:

Hello everyone! I am new to the purse forum. I am a fan of Louis Vuitton. I currently own a Horizontal Batignolles, Speedy 35, and Totally MM. I am trying to sell my Batignolles because it has not been used in a long time. I really want to put the money toward my Favorite MM. I have it listed on Ebay but seems like there are 500 of them from Japan for sale. I don't feel like I am going to sell it without giving it away. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have it listed for 425 currently. I bought it pre loved no dustbag or box.
Have you tried Fashonphile or Yoogi's closet?

just keep it listed for the price you want unless you're desperate to sell it. many people won't buy lv or higher-end bags from overseas resellers and look specifically for US/Europe instead. i don't think it's a problem, just make your price competitive and wait. high-end bags take a long time sell, generally, especially on ebay.

Hello everyone! I am new to the purse forum. .
I think the ebay route will be best option if you want to get the most money out of your bag although with all those horror scam stories it can be kinda unsafe to sell there. I usually check the bidder's history and the feedbacks they received and left for others. Also you might have to wait awhile for you item to sell depending on the price you list it for. It took me 4 months to sell a brand new Sarah wallet close to retail price with my feedback under 30 but at the end I was very satisfied with the transaction and happy to get rid of the wallet

Last edited by a moderator:
I sell on eBay all the time but through fixed price with BIN as opposed to auction. In the description listing, I make sure to bold and underline immediate payment only. I have better success that way and usually sell items within couple days of listing. I tend to include receipt which of course increased probability of sale. Good luck on your sales!