Look away! Look away! No, you can't, can you?

honeybunny07

Jun 12, 2016
hahaha anyone else a fan of that chubby panda?? :biggrin: anyway..

Hello LC lovers!
as promised, here is a story of the beautifuly modified flowery MSH :smile:

my-bag-story.jpg

tbh I don't like longchamp at all, at first.. I mean, omg, this bag is EVERYWHERE!
I used to live in Germany and this bag is all over the place... And then i started to travel a lot..
I used to carry a Hello Kitty travel bag. This bag weight almost 1kg empty... but, a girl loves HK, so... :biggrin: (I can not find any picture online, as it was an older version, i bought it back in 2007 or 2008.. but this one looks similar, without the stroller, with an adjustable strap.)
img_20130610_0072715.jpg

One day i travelled with a friend from another city. Like me, she carried a luggage and a travel bag too. The different is, after we arrived at the hotel and put away our stuffs, she then took her folded MSH and carry only the essentials, mean while I carry this big and heavy kitty... It was a short holiday, thank God, but taught me a lot about travelling..
Later i found out that she is a HUGE LC fans.. Back then LC didn't offer that much of variety, as much as i know, unlike today. CMIIW, but LC only offers a variety in colors in Le Pliage model. And that is what she collected; MSH mostly in seasonal color (or back then limited edition)..

And because of her, i started to look for a LC MSH too.. Because this bag is handy and light, foldable.
It's not that I don't have any other handbag.. But they're mostly leather bag from local designer; not fodable and deffinitely not that light.
So, as much as i didn't like LC, but when you carry that much of things in your bag like i did back then, then MSH it is..
I don't know any LC Store in my city, so online store here i come. Normally i'm a huge fan of white colored handbag. But this beige was on sale, so beige MSH it is. Bought it in 2009 for 50 Euro. Later, i found out that there is a small store at the airport.. And is cost the same... so much for sale :biggrin:

And since then, it went almost everywhere with me.. across Europe, Middle East, Asia..
And this extensive usage was a little bit too much for my beige.. As shown in the image below, it started to show some bubbles and holes on the bottom edges.. it turned so ugly i had to put it away.. ;(

An inspiration come one day, after looking for some variety of textiles.. There is a lace called Prada lace because it's a 3D lace. I'm not an expert in textile, they say it's because the motive on that lace is emboss-like-flower, that's why it's called 3d-lace. So couple of days later i went to a textile shop and bought 0,5m lace. I don't need much, and this lace is pretty costly. I was lucky because it was a new material in that store, so i got the part that isn't covered with lace that i can use for the top part of the bag. I stitched it in the top lining of the bag, that way i didn't create a new holes.
It's not that neat of stitches, i know, but served the purpose to cover the bubbles and holes and give the MSH a sort of protection plus a new look :cool:

bag-story.jpg

And with the leftover material, i stil manage to cover my old Esprit leather shoes :smile:

But, every encounter has an ending... :sad:
i can not use this bag anymore because the handle has a small crack... and the inner layer started to fall apart too.... I was thinking to buy a new replacement, but...... just can't...
This MSH stayed as the bag with the most adventures. :noworry:

Attachments

• my-bag-story.jpg
    my-bag-story.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 382
  • bag-story.jpg
    bag-story.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 371

Hello LC lovers!

View attachment 3385493

tbh I don't like longchamp at all, at first.. I mean, omg, this bag is EVERYWHERE!
I used to live in Germany and this bag is all over the place... And then i started to travel a lot..
I used to carry a Hello Kitty travel bag. This bag weight almost 1kg empty... but, a girl loves HK, so... :biggrin: (I can not find any picture online, as it was an older version, i bought it back in 2007 or 2008.. but this one looks similar, without the stroller, with an adjustable strap.)
img_20130610_0072715.jpg

One day i travelled with a friend from another city. Like me, she carried a luggage and a travel bag too. The different is, after we arrived at the hotel and put away our stuffs, she then took her folded MSH and carry only the essentials, mean while I carry this big and heavy kitty... It was a short holiday, thank God, but taught me a lot about travelling..
Later i found out that she is a HUGE LC fans.. Back then LC didn't offer that much of variety, as much as i know, unlike today. CMIIW, but LC only offers a variety in colors in Le Pliage model. And that is what she collected; MSH mostly in seasonal color (or back then limited edition)..

And because of her, i started to look for a LC MSH too.. Because this bag is handy and light, foldable.
It's not that I don't have any other handbag.. But they're mostly leather bag from local designer; not fodable and deffinitely not that light.
So, as much as i didn't like LC, but when you carry that much of things in your bag like i did back then, then MSH it is..
I don't know any LC Store in my city, so online store here i come. Normally i'm a huge fan of white colored handbag. But this beige was on sale, so beige MSH it is. Bought it in 2009 for 50 Euro. Later, i found out that there is a small store at the airport.. And is cost the same... so much for sale :biggrin:

And since then, it went almost everywhere with me.. across Europe, Middle East, Asia..
And this extensive usage was a little bit too much for my beige.. As shown in the image below, it started to show some bubbles and holes on the bottom edges.. it turned so ugly i had to put it away.. ;(

An inspiration come one day, after looking for some variety of textiles.. There is a lace called Prada lace because it's a 3D lace. I'm not an expert in textile, they say it's because the motive on that lace is emboss-like-flower, that's why it's called 3d-lace. So couple of days later i went to a textile shop and bought 0,5m lace. I don't need much, and this lace is pretty costly. I was lucky because it was a new material in that store, so i got the part that isn't covered with lace that i can use for the top part of the bag. I stitched it in the top lining of the bag, that way i didn't create a new holes.
It's not that neat of stitches, i know, but served the purpose to cover the bubbles and holes and give the MSH a sort of protection plus a new look :cool:

View attachment 3385494

And with the leftover material, i stil manage to cover my old Esprit leather shoes :smile:

i can not use this bag anymore because the handle has a small crack... and the inner layer started to fall apart too.... I was thinking to buy a new replacement, but...... just can't...
What a great story, thank you for sharing! I had no idea you had used a solid piece of fabric on the bag. It reminds me of some of the bags out lately, with flowers and other things attached to the outside. i have a nylon bag from that same time period and it eventually bubbled too--none of my other bags have so i don't know if that was a problem specific to that timeframe. Maybe I'll try to do something creative with it like you did, because otherwise it's in great shape. You're very crafty!

Hello LC lovers!

View attachment 3385493

img_20130610_0072715.jpg

View attachment 3385494

Thanks for sharing a great story, and your lovely, unique LC LP!!! Such a creative idea!!!

whew, i wrote this in such a hurry, there are so many grammatical and spelling mistakes.. I'm sorry.. (where's that edit button??? grrrr...:annoyed:)

Thank you beautiful ladies, glad you like it :smile:
Yes! go try and be crafty, surprise yourself! :biggrin:
This is the first example of prada-lace that i saw on instagram, and i was like, OMG, i have to buy this!! I can finally fix my MSH!!!
beautiful, right?? 2 tone lace :smile:

prada-lace.jpg

My aunt laughed at that bag and say "it's more lace than a bag".. hahahaha :biggrin:
but my newly clothed MSH still have our short adventures nonetheless :smile:
Funny right, i used to hate LC.. i saw them almost everywhere i go.. the old secretary at the museum where i used to work carried black MLH, in subway i saw teens carried colorful SSH, later as a fresh-grad i saw career women carried their MSH.. I checked on the price, and thought how pricey for a bag that only 10% leather and 90% fabric.. and look how i took care of that bag now :biggrin::P furthermore, my MSH got its siblings :biggrin: funnier life...

You know, being marriage and being a housewife teach me a lot.
When i was still working, i could spent money just like that, thinking to myself, well, i earned it, i can spent it as a reward for myself.. And now being a stay-at-home wife, spending someone else's hard earned money is not that easy... hence the effort to minimalize every expenses, including this bag.. :biggrin:

What a great story, thank you for sharing! I had no idea you had used a solid piece of fabric on the bag. It reminds me of some of the bags out lately, with flowers and other things attached to the outside. i have a nylon bag from that same time period and it eventually bubbled too--none of my other bags have so i don't know if that was a problem specific to that timeframe. Maybe I'll try to do something creative with it like you did, because otherwise it's in great shape. You're very crafty!

thank you :smile:
Yes, yes, you should!
It would make a great eye-catcher as a big plus, not just giving it a sort of protective layer.. :smile:

like i said before, after a new 'clothe', a plain le pliage looks suddenly,..., well, plain :biggrin: :P

I love the floral mesh overlay!
I have an LC project in mind but I am waiting for a cheap LC travel bag as I'm scared I might ruin the bag in the process.

I love the floral mesh overlay!
I have an LC project in mind but I am waiting for a cheap LC travel bag as I'm scared I might ruin the bag in the process.

That was my concern too at first, that i might adding more holes and thus ruining it even more..
That's why I think a lace is perfect, because it's light weight, but somehow still cute :biggrin:
And i only stitches it along the zipper-line, that way i don't create new holes, and I also skipped the leather part.
I just stitched it lightly with the thought if it gets dirty i can easily take the lace-cover off and wash it, leaving the bag intact :smile:

bag-story-stitches.jpg

Thank you ladies [emoji8]

@Stansy nice thought, but i dont think i can offer it anywhere though.. i'm not a tailor.. see my stitches? Hehe [emoji28]

Just giving an inspiration how to 'decorate' a plain le pliage [emoji4]

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using PurseForum mobile app