which coin purse should I keep?

eleyy

Aug 18, 2015
hi everyone! So I've been hunting for the Chanel coin purse and got my hands on two completely different styles. But now the problem is I don't know which one to keep! I like both equally but don't want to keep both haha so I would like some opinions.
I feel the caviar is a classic and 'stress free' but the patent boy is so unique and pretty! I intend to get a classic woc in the future so I'm not sure if I should stick with classic everything lol.
What do you ladies think? Which should I keep?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
hi everyone! So I've been hunting for the Chanel coin purse and got my hands on two completely different styles. But now the problem is I don't know which one to keep! I like both equally but don't want to keep both haha so I would like some opinions.
I feel the caviar is a classic and 'stress free' but the patent boy is so unique and pretty! I intend to get a classic woc in the future so I'm not sure if I should stick with classic everything lol.

Hi,
I prefer the classic one in caviar leather. It looks more sophisticated and elegant - typical Chanel. I know, both of them are the real deal, but - no offense - the patent one looks almost like a fake Chanel coin purse. That's my opinion. HTH

I prefer the classic in caviar.

Hi,
I prefer the classic one in caviar leather. It looks more sophisticated and elegant - typical Chanel. I know, both of them are the real deal, but - no offense - the patent one looks almost like a fake Chanel coin purse. That's my opinion. HTH
Thanks for the feedback! The more I saw the picture the more I understood what you meant lol so I just retook the picture in a less bright setting to give a better representation

Caviar is so elegant and the hardware is more appealing to me too. The caviar will also likely require less babying and wear better thus looking good longer. Both are pretty. That's my 2 cents.

Another vote for caviar. Not sure about patent for Chanel but I had a patent slg which always stuck on things when it got hot.
Omg, that's a good thing for me to know! I never owned anything patent before so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I guess I thought patent would be more durable?

My vote goes to the classic one. I guess the reason for getting this purse is it's compact size' the hardware on the boy one seems bulkier, so it will probably take up more room. I also agree on the fact that the caviar one will need less babying.

Btw great little purse, I've got one in chevron calfskin and love it!

Omg, that's a good thing for me to know! I never owned anything patent before so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I guess I thought patent would be more durable?
Here's a thread I found for you about patent leather when I did a Google search: http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/patent-leather-question.189759/page-12

Of course your mileage may vary depending on lot of different factors like how you care for it, weather, etc.

Besides, I really think the caviar is classic looking. But you should always just buy what you and you alone like. I personally can own multiple of the same classic black caviar with gold hardware (and do!) Since both slg are black, care difference should not be that different and it's down to personal preference of how it looks honestly!

Classic Caviar, not a fan of the patent. My husband was recently at the Chanel inside Hong Kong Int'l Airport and was trying to find one for me..all they had was patent and he confirmed that it look cheap and not as classy as the caviar. I passed on it lol.

Thanks for the feedback! The more I saw the picture the more I understood what you meant lol so I just retook the picture in a less bright setting to give a better representation

Still - I choose the classic caviar coin purse! :P
A few months ago I sold my blue patent Chanel coin purse because I was bored with the patent leather. Chanel's patent is of very high quality but lambskin or caviar would always be my first choice. Patent leather tends to get 'sticky' when it's hot. The Chanel patent leather is less prone to getting sticky but still: it's a PVC/plastic coating. I just don't like the feeling of patent leather with an item I touch several times a day. And the CC on the patent coin pouch is too bulky as another tPF member stated earlier. Enough said. ;)
Forgot: I like the idea of having several classic Chanel items like bags, wallets etc. instead of mixing a classic Chanel bag with a Chanel boy item - it looks more luxurious in my opinion.