Paying before surgery?

I saw someone saying they never had to pay pre-surgery in case something went wrong. Can you all share your experiences at ps clinics? I paid 1mil krw for deposit for rhino+ba, surgery was next day and the translater was asking me to pay the rest all up before surgery starts. Is this normal procedure - I felt it was quite pushy but will understand if this is normal here.

Being new to plastic surgery I can only give my two cents from what happens back home. I had knee surgery a few years ago and no doctor where I am from would perform surgery before payment is taken. Is this not the normal way of doing things?

Hm I read somewhere not to pay down payment before consulting..mind sharing which clinic requires DP before consultation?

My 10% DP was paid after my consultation and I decided on the clinic ..

It's View Clinic. But then again, you have to secure the surgery date and without DP, your appointment won't be prioritized. That said, I think the 20% they asked of me was too much.

I paid 500,000 KRW deposit (about ~$500/usd) per surgery at JW (so total about $1500 cus I was getting my eyes, nose and jaw done). This was to secure my surgery date and I paid this well in advance cus JW was my top choice.

I paid the remaining amount the day before my surgery at my consultation.

And this is another gripe I have with View Clinic. I think 20% deposit of the final undiscounted price is too much of a desposit. And they kakao me the refund policy after that. :sick: Next time I'm 10% if I'm doing at View again. If they refuse, I'm going to DAPRS.