Garden Party or Victoria II

I just let go of a victoria...it looked like a sausage on me worn on the shoulder. But it is secure when travelling because of zipper.
I just got a garden party in a bright color for the summer and travelling. It actually fits on my shoulder snug and fits everything. I prefer this bag for travelling but it only has a snap closure everything kind of exposed....
That sausage look is starting to come back to me. Hmmmmm. I think I'm leaning towards the GP.

I have 2 Victorias. A 5 years old black and a recent purchase of gold.

My job requires that I travel at least 2 to 3 times a month lasting about 2~3 days each.

I find that these bags are extremely comfortable and durable. Not to mention the security that comes with the zippers.
As an everyday bag, I have absolutely no complaints.

Now, I am a little over 5'6 so this size does not overwhelm me. I think the proportion really depends on how tall you are.

I had a garden party and because of the security issues, I let it go.
I am 5'10" and size 6 (American sizing). I like big bags, too, but not oversized. I like uncomplicated, functional bags. I'm going to go to Hermes tomorrow and try the GP on again.

I am 5'10" and size 6 (American sizing). I like big bags, too, but not oversized. I like uncomplicated, functional bags. I'm going to go to Hermes tomorrow and try the GP on again.

The GP definitely fits that description -- big but not huge, uncomplicated, functional. I have somehow accumulated three of them. I've thought many times about getting a Victoria because of the double zipper and flat straps, but every time I look at one, it seems bulky on me. The strap drop is (I think) the same on the Victoria as it is on the GP, and you'd think the Victoria wild be more comfortable on the shoulder because of the flat straps, but because of how it's shaped, it feels bulky under the arm. The GP does too, but only when it's really full. I don't think either goes over the shoulder very comfortably when a heavy coat is involved. Of course, if you're a hand/arm carry-only person, none of this matters!

I travel with my Victoria as my only carry on. It fits everything, including a small bag (like a jige, Evelyne tpm, or Chanel wallet on a chain), water, snack, iPad, scarf or light sweater, make up bag, wallet, brush, keys, phone, etc. I like that it closes securely so I don't have to worry about anything falling out on the plane. I also think it looks super chic when I walk through the airport.
I had planned to add a GP for around town as a more structured replacement for my Goyard St. Louis, but I'm passing because DD's only H is a GP and I want it to feel special and unique to her until she can expand her collection.

Reactions: prepster
The Victoria is one of those bags that I want to love but I can't pull the trigger. I have tried it several times but it looks like luggage on me or a "sausage" as someone mentioned. I think I will search for a bolide 35 instead.

You already had a Victoria but got rid of it probably because you didn't love it. You didn't get rid of all your bags, you got rid of the Victoria, and that is very telling. I vote for the GP--even if it doesn't work for you for travel, you may find it useful to have in your collection or your loss won't be as great if you decide to sell. GL! Be well. :smile:

Oh and my gp is a great gym bag and all aroynd tote. Posted this pic in another thread but hope it helps. Here
b368408e1501fd5c39a101ef064efd80.jpg

:confused1::shrugs:Please help me decide.:cray::wondering
Which bag would best fit my needs?

I would be using the bag for air travel and car trips, and some daily errands. I have a Jypsiere (28) I use all the time- it holds my daily items (wallet, keys, reading glasses/case, cell, EPI Pen, hand wipes, etc.,...), but it doesn't hold my iPad mini and bulky sunglasses cases.
On trips I would like to add my daughter's sunglasses, iPad and whatever else she finds necessary for entertainment.
I owned a Victoria and sold it a few months after my purchase. I was unwell and wanted to treat myself to something special. I was at home all the time and felt it was a waste. I didn't foresee how much I would miss it now that I'm no longer housebound.

GP pro: cost, more structured base, holds a lot, I like the snap closure
GP con: fits on my shoulder, but not as comfortably as the Victoria, wide base makes
shoulder carry a bit awkward
Victoria pro: I like the simplicity of design, double zipper security, I like the smooshy look of
this bag, fits on the shoulder really well (collapses)
Victoria cons: costs a bit more (it's worth it if it works better for my lifestyle), open zipper
when shoulder carried snags sweaters

Thank you for your input!!!

what about getting the new 6 pocket GP that has shoulder straps? you can always take off the shoulder strap if you don't want it. it adds more flexibility with the shoulder strap and it's very secure with the strap if you were it cross body.

Hi BobKat,
I have seen some of your other posts over time and you've been spot on with many of my thoughts. Knowing you have purchased and are thinking about replacing your Victoria (with a GP) makes me think about why I was so quick to sell, and not just let it sit in the box for a while, until I regained my health. I thank you for your opinion. I was hoping you'd chime in.
O.M.G. How incredibly flattering! Thank you for these kind comments, Sourisbrune.

I vote for a GP in the 36cm size. They are great without zippers and the snap closure will prevent things from falling out. Even though small bags are in, I still gravitate to bigger bags especially when I'm running errands or doing some light grocery shopping.

+1 I love my 36cm GP!!! Never going to let that one go❤️❤️

Lovin' your input everyone!
Popped into Hermes today. I still like the Victoria. Very chic and clean design.
My SA is terrific and a lot of fun. He brought out GP's in several colors. I like the oranges, blues and reds. He found other colors I'm interested in, available in the company. Yay!
I think I'm going to get a GP. Now, conservative color, or fun summer color? If I like it, maybe a statement color now, and a conservative color next time?
If you'd like to give your opinion on which bag, or a great color, please do. I haven't made my purchase yet.
For reference, I wear neutrals (grey, white, black and taupe), solid colors, stay-at-home-mom/PTA casual and my coloring is young(er) Diane Keaton, with a golden tan.

Popped into Hermes today. I still like the Victoria. Very chic and clean design.
My SA is terrific and a lot of fun. He brought out GP's in several colors. I like the oranges, blues and reds. He found other colors I'm interested in, available in the company. Yay!
I think I'm going to get a GP. Now, conservative color, or fun summer color? If I like it, maybe a statement color now, and a conservative color next time?
If you'd like to give your opinion on which bag, or a great color, please do. I haven't made my purchase yet.
For reference, I wear neutrals (grey, white, black and taupe), solid colors, stay-at-home-mom/PTA casual and my coloring is young(er) Diane Keaton, with a golden tan.

I love GP in bright colors!!! Especially if you wear neutral colored clothing GP in bright color can provide a beautiful pop! ... What colors were you considering? I have a rouge duchess and I love the muted color!ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465257813.635056.jpg

Which colors specifically are you considering? I think the GP is a bag that can look good in either neutrals or statement colors, depending on which look you're going for. Also, my personal preference is for contrast stitching -- I think it really stands out on the GP, more than on some other bag styles.