Which Rolex?

My hubby and I are looking at Rolex as our 5th anniversary gift

I always thought I wanted rose gold combi + BMOP but when went to the store and tried it on, rose gold kind of disappeared on my skin and brought out all the redness on my skin.

And when i tried on yellow gold combi with White mother of pearl, it stud out way more and made my arm look brighter? (If that makes sense)

So now im super super torn out since i thought yellow gold looked better on mature ladies.
Im going to be 26 in two months so i dont want to look tooo mature you know?

And another dilemma is that I wanted BMOP..
It looks so amazing when it changes color and such. If i end up going with a white face, then i would go for meteorite.

What is your opinion ladies?

Sorry about the difference in lighting in these pictures! View attachment 3373286View attachment 3373287

The first one

I didn't read the whole thread but based on your first post, I like the second photo (black MOP).

Having said that, I can also sense you are not completely thrilled with either. Why not look at other combos of metals and dials/faces and even sizes? Why limit yourself to two choices that you seem to not be convinced of.

Rolex has so many combos. Try as many as you can, even the ones that don't appeal to you at first.. Then see which one makes your heart sing.

It would be much better if it were you saying, "I love these two so much! I can't chose! Help?" That kind of post!

Edit: I mentioned sizes because honestly I think you'd rock a bigger size more. Check them out. I have two Rollies. I wear the bigger more too and my wrist is small.

I didn't read the whole thread but based on your first post, I like the second photo (black MOP).

Having said that, I can also sense you are not completely thrilled with either. Why not look at other combos of metals and dials/faces and even sizes? Why limit yourself to two choices that you seem to not be convinced of.

Rolex has so many combos. Try as many as you can, even the ones that don't appeal to you at first.. Then see which one makes your heart sing.

It would be much better if it were you saying, "I love these two so much! I can't chose! Help?" That kind of post!

Edit: I mentioned sizes because honestly I think you'd rock a bigger size more. Check them out. I have two Rollies. I wear the bigger more too and my wrist is small.

Thank u so much for ur input! I currently have ballon bleun in the medium size and i wanted something smaller!

And the funny thing is what makes my heart sing when i look at the watch is the number two
But when its on me, i kind of gravitate towards yellow gold combi + meteorite!!!

Ahhhhh i wish i could just get both!!

My wedding set is white gold and I use my all-yellow rolex more. I like mixing and matching my jewelry. I use white and yellow gold together all the time to use two tone.

Anyway my point is, you don't necessarily need to match your watch to your ring. If they don't match (and if it bothers you) then get more of the color jewelry you lack and add a separate bracelet to your wrist [emoji13]

Go with the watch YOU like most.

I like number 2 (black MOP) more like I said earlier. To me it looks classy and rare and subdued yet has impact. The first watch is nice, yes, but to me looks more casual because it's so light and two toned. Yes it looks "brighter" but that's what makes it more casual IMO. In other words I feel that the first is definitely more common as an everyday watch.

Finally, i really feel you should always go with your "first choice" (this case the black MOP). The one you always have in mind will haunt you if you don't get it. Haha. Know what I mean? If you don't get a black MOP now, you will most likely get it years later. [emoji16]

My wedding set is white gold and I use my all-yellow rolex more. I like mixing and matching my jewelry. I use white and yellow gold together all the time to use two tone.

Anyway my point is, you don't necessarily need to match your watch to your ring. If they don't match (and if it bothers you) then get more of the color jewelry you lack and add a separate bracelet to your wrist [emoji13]

Go with the watch YOU like most.

I like number 2 (black MOP) more like I said earlier. To me it looks classy and rare and subdued yet has impact. The first watch is nice, yes, but to me looks more casual because it's so light and two toned. Yes it looks "brighter" but that's what makes it more casual IMO. In other words I feel that the first is definitely more common as an everyday watch.

Finally, i really feel you should always go with your "first choice" (this case the black MOP). The one you always have in mind will haunt you if you don't get it. Haha. Know what I mean? If you don't get a black MOP now, you will most likely get it years later. [emoji16]

Thank you so so much!!!!

You are so correct. I have wantwd that combo ever since I was in high school!

Gonna stick to it!!!!!!!!!

My hubby and I are looking at Rolex as our 5th anniversary gift

I always thought I wanted rose gold combi + BMOP but when went to the store and tried it on, rose gold kind of disappeared on my skin and brought out all the redness on my skin.

And when i tried on yellow gold combi with White mother of pearl, it stud out way more and made my arm look brighter? (If that makes sense)

So now im super super torn out since i thought yellow gold looked better on mature ladies.
Im going to be 26 in two months so i dont want to look tooo mature you know?

And another dilemma is that I wanted BMOP..
It looks so amazing when it changes color and such. If i end up going with a white face, then i would go for meteorite.

What is your opinion ladies?

Sorry about the difference in lighting in these pictures! View attachment 3373286View attachment 3373287

I have been trying on Rolex watches lately, I have it narrowed down and I too, like you, have one in my mind that has been a standout for years. . I noticed that one I tried in particular seemed to be ' too boring' when I looked down at it over and over again. I then realized maybe it was because I am used to looking down at something very different (J12, diamond markers, 38mm), so maybe when you look down at #2 you are experiencing a similar situation, maybe #1 is 'brighter' simply due to the face coloration, maybe it seems busier to you and maybe more familiar. .
Ps. You really can't go wrong with either, I love #2 more, the photo is darker, however, thus appearing duller than it may be - go with your heart, get what you love and don't overthink it.

Last edited:
By the way I forgot to say congrats on your anniversary and omg what an awesome 5th year present! You're so lucky. I'm pretty sure I got Tory Burch sandals from my hubby for our 5th! Lol! Bless him.. We were still saving hard back then.

Wear your new watch in good health!