Help me choose an SL!

Hey there - Taking into consideration your wardrobe choices, the Galet would be the safe (yet beautiful) choice. However, have you considered the Griotte color? The last time I called customer service, they still had it in stock. I have both colors and love that the Griotte provides that extra pop of color. :smile:

Here is a side by side of the two bags. Good luck choosing! :smile: View attachment 3362872
Your SL's are beautiful! I love both of the colors you own. I can't, for the life of me, understand why LV stopped making this bag. It's timeless and so elegant and understated. Very chic and classy! Congrats on both of yours. Enjoy.

Your SL's are beautiful! I love both of the colors you own. I can't, for the life of me, understand why LV stopped making this bag. It's timeless and so elegant and understated. Very chic and classy! Congrats on both of yours. Enjoy.

Thanks so much for the compliment. [emoji4] Like you, I'm also baffled with LV's decision to discontinue the SL's. Gone are the days where a majority of their bags were classics, around for years and years. They've even discontinued the much loved empreinte Speedys, and I hear possibly the Neverfull as well! Go figure, right?

If you were set on the SL and they still have all the colors you were interested in, have them order three colors for you, then it might be worth your drive. My SA was kind enough to find and hold 2 lockits and 2 capucines and when they came in I went in and made my choice. I'm sure that they would understand and order the three colors that you are interested in. Just explain that you live so far away and that you can't keep going back and forth and that you would appreciate it. I'm sure they will understand and order them for you. Please keep us posted and I'm sure you will have the color you want.

That's a good idea!! If I can't decide after talking to my SA, I'll see if I can do that. Thanks for the tip!

Galet is a beautiful neutral and it would look very elegant with the colors you wear. I nearly purchased it in September, but I prefer gold hardware to silver. I purchased the SC PM in Galet with gold hardware instead and love it. Both bags are timeless beauties! I do think the difference in hardware very slightly affects the overall appearance. With silver, Galet reads a little more cool- toned. The gold hardware on the SC slightly " warms up" the color of the leather.

To answers your original question, choose Galet! You'll always be able to find a lovely black bag, but this gorgeous, light neutral works with everything and is classy and different. I wore mine with dark denim and dark colors all winter and it looked beautiful. Also, no color transfer at all, and that was a concern of mine.

Hi there, I'm planning to order my SL tomorrow! My SA says she will be able to order galet for me if that's what I decide. I have one last (probably silly) question that I'm hoping you can answer. I tried on the SC in galet and loved the color on me, I thought it was much more flattering than noir. From the pictures I've seen, the SL in galet seems so much lighter than the galet I saw in person and even looks different from how pictures of the SC appear. I know the gold hardware makes the tone seem a little different, but I mean just looking at the leather parts, the SL appears much lighter. I'm wondering if you were able to see both the SL and SC in galet when you were choosing a bag, and if the colors were really any different or if it's just something about pictures. Thanks so much and sorry for all the picky questions!

Hi. It's not being picky at all, and I can completely relate! I was set to get the SL in Galet, but kept hesitating because I thought the leather was a little cool - toned and the bag has silver hardware. Gold hardware is always my preference. I've always loved the SC, and when I compared Galet in the SC with the gold hardware to the SL, it just looked nicer on me and the leather was definitely a smudge darker and definitely a bit warmer as well. Galet is a gorgeous neutral and both bags are absolutely beautiful. The SC PM was perfect on me though and I absolutely love that bag. For me, that was the right choice.

Did you choose a SL color?

I ordered the galet yesterday! I have to wait for my SA to get it from another store before it ships to me. I was waiting to post until I knew for sure it was on its way, but it sounds like they definitely have it in stock! Thanks for all your advice. I hope I made the right choice, I'm honestly a little nervous and am really hoping I won't have problems with the light color.

You chose a beautiful color. Galet is so elegant in SL. I don't think you'll have any problems with the color. It's not that light and you seem like someone who takes care. I wore my SC with dark denim/ dark colors much of last winter and no problems at all. When I mentioned my concern to my SA, she said if I notice any color transfer at all, bring it in. They have a product in the boutique they can use on it. That said, she didn't think it would be necessary. I don't think I'll ever tire of the color. It's soft, neutral, yet not basic or boring. I hope you love it once you have it!

Last edited:
You chose a beautiful color. Galet is so elegant in SL. I don't think you'll have any problems with the color. It's not that light and you seem like someone who takes care. I wore my SC with dark denim/ dark colors much of last winter and no problems at all. When I mentioned my concern to my SA, she said if I notice any color transfer at all, bring it in. They have a product in the boutique they can use on it. That said, she didn't think it would be necessary. I don't think I'll ever tire of the color. It's soft, neutral, yet not basic or boring. I hope you love it once you have it!

Thanks for reassuring me, I can't wait for it to get here! I definitely take care of things, probably a little obsessively lol. I loved the galet when I tried on the SC bag. It was really stunning and the noir SC didn't look nearly as nice on me. I hope the same is true for the SL!!