Help! Louis Vuitton vs Goyard passport cover???

Gemmathilde

Oct 13, 2013
I am debating between Goyard and Louis Vuitton for a passport cover. I love Goyard's colored prints, but I've never seen one in person. Also, Goyard's passport cover (~$600-$800) is so much more expensive than LV's (~$300). Which one do you think I should go for?

Do you mean they both look the same? Same card slots and pockets? I've never seen the Goyard passport cover on the inside. I can't find any good pics of the inside online.

Goyard quality is very similar to LV quality (their canvas is basically the same material). They use similar glazing, etc. I believe it also has three card slots and a little pocket like the LV passport cover. It's also lined in leather like LV's.

Goyard quality is very similar to LV quality (their canvas is basically the same material). They use similar glazing, etc. I believe it also has three card slots and a little pocket like the LV passport cover. It's also lined in leather like LV's.

Thanks for the info!!! I'll stick to the LV's passport cover. Tbh, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use the LV passport cover, since it screams luxury good. Might draw too much attention, but it is so gorgeous and practical!

I've been using a LV DE passport cover for almost 8 years. It's constantly being shoved into computer bags / backpacks / carry-on luggage etc, and it looks practically new (I travel about 70% of time for work, all international).

My passport looks new too, compared to my colleagues that got so beat up after just a year or so.

It's absolutely worth the money. And DE is pretty discreet, IMO.

I personally prefer the look of the LV over the Goyard but if you want a splash of colour then you can, as someone else already mentioned, go the mon mono route.

you can pick Taïga leather if you want a more discreet option.

Great suggestion! I'll take a look at that one in the store.

I've been using a LV DE passport cover for almost 8 years. It's constantly being shoved into computer bags / backpacks / carry-on luggage etc, and it looks practically new (I travel about 70% of time for work, all international).

My passport looks new too, compared to my colleagues that got so beat up after just a year or so.

It's absolutely worth the money. And DE is pretty discreet, IMO.

Totally get what you mean! I recently took a trip and put my passport in my pocket along with chocolate candies and the chocolate melted onto my passport...which is why I'm now looking into a cover. The DE is beautiful, but I wish they would do monogram on it.

I personally prefer the look of the LV over the Goyard but if you want a splash of colour then you can, as someone else already mentioned, go the mon mono route.

I'm probably going to go with the mon mono. I'll have to look at the swatches in the store sometime soon.