Roulis weight and input?

lanit

O.G.
May 17, 2007
Would someone please let me know the weight of a Roulis? I am interested in this design, the leather being offered is Veau butler with contrasting interior. I would also appreciate your feedback and review on the usefulness for everyday rather than occasional use. Is it heavier than a bolide 31?

Thanks in advance!:biggrin:

So pleased you posted this! I'm considering the roulis as well-love the design (online images only) but I have a Verrou chain on order so not sure if I should wait until that comes before deciding! Look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!

Lanit, I have a Roulis but it is sombrero, do you think the weight would be comparable? If so, I'll weigh it for you.
I love this bag for everyday use, easy in and out, secure flap, handy outside pocket on the back...two strap lengths and the shorter one can go over my shoulder too. And under the radar.

Thank you both!

My bolide 31 is chevre so very light as bolides go, I don't have a kitchen scale. I wonder of butler is heavier than sombrero though,

Does this mean you are both pleased with the weight and functionality?

Kate, would you say that it weighs the same as an Evi or heavier given that it is lined in leather. Is yours lined in swift or chèvre?
Lanit, I am afraid I am not much help, don't have an Evie and never even lifted one,sorry. I believe my Roulis is lined in chèvre.
The Featherfactor blog has some good photos of the inside and outside of the bag.

Would someone please let me know the weight of a Roulis? I am interested in this design, the leather being offered is Veau butler with contrasting interior. I would also appreciate your feedback and review on the usefulness for everyday rather than occasional use. Is it heavier than a bolide 31?

Thanks in advance!:biggrin:

Hi Lanit! Although I don't own a Roulis, Evylene or anything in Sombrero leather, I do own a mini Plume, Calvi and Bastia in natural Butler leather. IMO this is a lightweight leather, similar to my mini Plume in Box, and I adore it! I have read here that some feel it is fragile, but I have not found that to be the case. However, I also love Barenia and don't mind the aging process. Hope this helps!

Lanit, I am afraid I am not much help, don't have an Evie and never even lifted one,sorry. I believe my Roulis is lined in chèvre.
The Featherfactor blog has some good photos of the inside and outside of the bag.

Your replies are helpful Kate. I will try one out and see if the weight is ok fir me. I don't carry much these days and it would be lovely to have a bag that is casual but polished looking for work or going out occasionally. I love my plumes and Halzan, but often I'd like a bag that has just a bit of structural detailing to it.

I love my Roulis. But don't expect to get as much stuff in it as you would in a 31 bolide.

Thanks Broadway. I don't carry much so this is not a concern.

Hi Lanit! Although I don't own a Roulis, Evylene or anything in Sombrero leather, I do own a mini Plume, Calvi and Bastia in natural Butler leather. IMO this is a lightweight leather, similar to my mini Plume in Box, and I adore it! I have read here that some feel it is fragile, but I have not found that to be the case. However, I also love Barenia and don't mind the aging process. Hope this helps!

I adore Barenia and just hope the butler will patina slightly in a similar manner! Would you please post a photo of your butler items for us? Would love to see how it wears, and if there is a patina it develops eventually?