Personalization - does the paint last?

No. Mine was personalised after more than a year.
Thank you so much. I called Goyard London today, and this male SA told me, I'm sorry, but you can only personalise your bag up to 3 months after purchase, which I thought was the most ridiculous piece of tripe I've heard from them.

I'm planning to bring the bag in on the weekend, and insist that they get it sorted out. After all, we are paying for the service, it's not like it's complimentary!

London (Mount Street) will most doubt decline/refuse to stamp initials/stripes after the 3 month period as the main body of the item will have softened and consequently the initials/stripes invariably do not last for any period without cracking appearing .... if they accept, it will probably be at your risk - LV have much the same policy, in fact they usually refuse to initial/stripe unless carried out at the time of purchase for the same reason

London (Mount Street) will most doubt decline/refuse to stamp initials/stripes after the 3 month period as the main body of the item will have softened and consequently the initials/stripes invariably do not last for any period without cracking appearing .... if they accept, it will probably be at your risk - LV have much the same policy, in fact they usually refuse to initial/stripe unless carried out at the time of purchase for the same reason

Thanks! The bag I have is an extremely rigid one, and has remained that way since I haven't used it that often, so I'm hoping they won't be precious about it and just sort it out.

I can totally understand the higher chance of peeling off / cracking of the paint when the material gets softened.

Before I decided to personalise my Grand bleu, the SA did warn me that the pain will eventually peel off / crack and the rate of the wear and tear depends on several factors. Less structured / softer items such as Saint Louis are more easily prone to the cracking. Also avoid personalising on the areas subject to folding and rubbing. Weather plays a part. How you keep the bag also plays a part. Initials are obviously less subject to (obvious) cracking....

In short, think carefully before you decide to personalise.

I got my initials done and I just love them. I ordered them as I ordered the bag, which I have only had for about 3 months so there's no issues yet and hopefully none to come. However, my hair dresser has a stripe going down the front of hers which she says is cracking a bit.
I think it might have to do with the stripe going all the way down the bag where the canvas is subject to creasing and bending. Hopefully my initials will hold up.

Hi, do you know how long it takes to have your initials stamped on a st.louis tote in the London or Paris store? Thanks!

I guess it depends on the item, how much *personalisation* you require (ie. just initials / just stripes or both) and whether they carry out the workmanship in the UK or send to Paris .... I had a small item personalised and I had to wait a further 4-5 weeks from the time of purchase to collect it

I guess it depends on the item, how much *personalisation* you require (ie. just initials / just stripes or both) and whether they carry out the workmanship in the UK or send to Paris .... I had a small item personalised and I had to wait a further 4-5 weeks from the time of purchase to collect it

Thanks. Which store did you get it done? I just want my initials, if it's 4-5 weeks then I won't bother.

Why don't you just call whatever branch is nearest to you direct and have a conversation with the SA/Manager, explain what it is you want and they can advise you how long you can expect to wait, what the costs will be etc