Should my unused Diorama interior look like this??

TraceySH

Always hunting for the next bag
Feb 28, 2016
Hey guys - I am just really taking out this bag to use and am noticing the inside of my Diorama. Glue is exposed and seams not together??ImageUploadedByPurseForum1464465661.757422.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1464465671.927558.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1464465680.215269.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1464465839.215073.jpg

That looks terrible. I've never seen the bag, in real life, but I'd not expect that! Do you have an SA you could send these pics to?

Yes. The SA I purchased from in the Dior boutique in Vegas. I'm horrified! It looks like an elementary school art project!

I need to do a better job of really inspecting.

Yes. The SA I purchased from in the Dior boutique in Vegas. I'm horrified! It looks like an elementary school art project!

I need to do a better job of really inspecting.
Definitely exchange it! They should immediately send you another, even before they receive the one you're returning. Ive had a SA do that before ( without my requesting it!). Definitely get another, because the bag is gorgeous. I am terrible about inspecting. I never do! I always assume the bag will be checked in the boutique before being sent to me. I don't even " inspect" when I get it. I should, and after seeing this, I will. Good luck!

Last edited:
I need to. I just trust them too. Especially being a very expensive bag! I am not understanding how Dior could even churn this out? Makes me very suspect of them. I hate fabric linings but took a chance. This should have been all one piece - not mismatched glued pieces with glue everywhere. And cracking apart. I am not sure his hasn't ruined the whole Diorama fantasy for me actually. Grrrrr.

I need to. I just trust them too. Especially being a very expensive bag! I am not understanding how Dior could even churn this out? Makes me very suspect of them. I hate fabric linings but took a chance. This should have been all one piece - not mismatched glued pieces with glue everywhere. And cracking apart. I am not sure his hasn't ruined the whole Diorama fantasy for me actually. Grrrrr.

The lining is not supposed to look like that at all. It's not even supposed to be made this way as it is stitched together,

Is your bag brand new from the boutique, or did it look like someone may have returned it before?

The lining is not supposed to look like that at all. It's not even supposed to be made this way as it is stitched together,

Is your bag brand new from the boutique, or did it look like someone may have returned it before?

Averagejoe - thank you for responding. I was hoping you would take a look because you would know.

It came from the boutique in Vegas well wrapped but without the blue or clear plastic over the hardware. But you know some do some don't. It didn't have any visible exterior wear or scratches. It was to be assumed new of course. I just trusted it. This is crazy ridiculous for this level of bad and price. I'm mad. Bags at tjmaxx probably have better constriction inside (not that I can say I've ever been but you know).

I sent my SA a text and she was busy but said "don't worry will fix get new". So I guess it wasn't a complete shock. Maybe this was the lab beta or something.

But needless to say I don't have a lot of trust in the whole mail order process right now. Can I demand a refund for a defective item and then go check out products in person at the new Dior boutique in Houston next week (so I have more confidence) or do I have to take a replacement from her?

Averagejoe - thank you for responding. I was hoping you would take a look because you would know.

It came from the boutique in Vegas well wrapped but without the blue or clear plastic over the hardware. But you know some do some don't. It didn't have any visible exterior wear or scratches. It was to be assumed new of course. I just trusted it. This is crazy ridiculous for this level of bad and price. I'm mad. Bags at tjmaxx probably have better constriction inside (not that I can say I've ever been but you know).

I sent my SA a text and she was busy but said "don't worry will fix get new". So I guess it wasn't a complete shock. Maybe this was the lab beta or something.

But needless to say I don't have a lot of trust in the whole mail order process right now. Can I demand a refund for a defective item and then go check out products in person at the new Dior boutique in Houston next week (so I have more confidence) or do I have to take a replacement from her?

Ask for the refund first. If they say that it is store credit only, then ask for the manager and say that you rather inspect the bag in person at the Houston boutique.

If that doesn't work, then ask them to send you pictures of the replacement bag and await your approval before sending the replacement bag to you.

Ask for the refund first. If they say that it is store credit only, then ask for the manager and say that you rather inspect the bag in person at the Houston boutique.

If that doesn't work, then ask them to send you pictures of the replacement bag and await your approval before sending the replacement bag to you.

So, update, my SA is not at work this weekend but had the store manager called. She could NOT have been nicer. She said she was willing to do whatever it took to make sure I was happy. I told her to exchange for 2 Miss Dior Promenade Pouches (with leather interior) and I would inspect the Dioramas in Houston to gauge for future ordering. She did say that some of the Dioramas have leather interior. Again, could not have been more helpful or nice.

Despite a lemon bag, they (at least right now) are getting an A+ with customer service. That goes a very long way.

Oh God, that's horrible. I've not seen a Diorama interior like that.

I just sent pics to the store manager, she was so very nice. I am sure she will be appalled with them. No, I do not think anything should ever look like this. But I do have confidence they will make it more than right! Thank goodness for that :biggrin:

So, update, my SA is not at work this weekend but had the store manager called. She could NOT have been nicer. She said she was willing to do whatever it took to make sure I was happy. I told her to exchange for 2 Miss Dior Promenade Pouches (with leather interior) and I would inspect the Dioramas in Houston to gauge for future ordering. She did say that some of the Dioramas have leather interior. Again, could not have been more helpful or nice.

Despite a lemon bag, they (at least right now) are getting an A+ with customer service. That goes a very long way.
I'm relieved the boutique is making this right. Based on my few transactions at Dior, I'd have been shocked if this wasn't the case. They are curteous, professional and very client- friendly. I absolutely love my large Promenade! This is a fabulous small bag and you'll be delighted with how much it holds. Which colors did you choose? As for Diorama, it's worth another try, in my opinion. That's one beautiful bag.