Travel Mexico & Louis Vuitton safety question

Dec 21, 2011
Hi guys, I'm off to Mexico next week - specifically Cancun and Tulum. I was advised not to take any expensive jewellery so now I'm wondering about carrying my LV Keepall. I'm flying in from the other side of the world and I always take it with me on overseas trips. Is it crazy to carry it off the plane and to the resort in Cancun then the trip to Tulum? Initially I was also going to take my Speedy but thinking a Longchamps might be better.

Any advice please?

I carried my Prada bag when I arrived in Mexico but left it inside the hotel room most of the time. When I go out and about I only carried my Longchamp. The only jewelries I had were my necklace, watch and Love bracelets.
I say just bring the minimum since you are coming from Australia, long flights and all. I live in US so going to Cancun, Los Cabos, Bahamas etc are not a big deal.

I am leaving for Cancun tomorrow. Do you have anything that you could share after having been already? I would really appreciate any advice! Thank you!
Hey Lolapopp, sorry I had issues logging in for some reason and missed your message. I took my Keepall and Speedy and had no issues, although I only travelled alone from the airport to the hotel. Not sure if you'll get this message in time, just make sure you avoid all the sales people in the airport - like any other tourist place really.

I carried my Prada bag when I arrived in Mexico but left it inside the hotel room most of the time. When I go out and about I only carried my Longchamp. The only jewelries I had were my necklace, watch and Love bracelets.
I say just bring the minimum since you are coming from Australia, long flights and all. I live in US so going to Cancun, Los Cabos, Bahamas etc are not a big deal.
Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply Glistenpearls, I had issues logging into the purseforum. But I appreciated you replying. Thanks :smile:

Reviving this thread! Heading to Mexico City and Puerto Vallarta. Would you wear your LV? Now, nearly 7 years later and after covid and with everything going on? Either previous posters or new posters, or natives to the area. I've worn Damier Azur in NYC and felt fine BUT am more comfortable there. And I wear LV all the time in Chicago. Sometimes at night I opt to turn my YSL inside out with the flashy logo. Wondering thoughts on this for my upcoming trip. TIA!!!

Reviving this thread! Heading to Mexico City and Puerto Vallarta. Would you wear your LV? Now, nearly 7 years later and after covid and with everything going on? Either previous posters or new posters, or natives to the area. I've worn Damier Azur in NYC and felt fine BUT am more comfortable there. And I wear LV all the time in Chicago. Sometimes at night I opt to turn my YSL inside out with the flashy logo. Wondering thoughts on this for my upcoming trip. TIA!!!
Realized I never followed up! I ended up wearing my LV Felicie in CDMX and PV and it was no issue at all. Obviously stayed aware of myself and we walked or ubered everywhere. I would be more cautious on public transit for sure. But, nobody seemed to turn their head or be aware at all or seem threatening. If anyone was wondering! :smile: