Rose De Noel

Exquisite! The color is so pure, and the wg brings out its brilliance. I can see why you fell in love with this piece!!!
Thank you everyone: I have been looking for a brooch for awhile. Not necessarily Van Cleef but something slightly organic and not something particularly showy or bejeweled. I honestly have never been in love with the rose de noel. However after some looking and looking and knowing that I wanted white gold or platinum as well as something light I started re evaluating the Rose De Noel (thank you TGG). I called Van Cleef and they told me that Chalcedony is no longer being produced whether permanently or temporarily, they werent sure. They did a worldwide search and there was nothing (supposedly). I then found one pre-owned but the color didnt wow me. Pictures can be tricky so I went back and forth on it. Then this one popped up and the color was so stunning I was worried it was an artifact of better photography....I am happy to report that it was not and I am quite thriiled.

This is incredibly beautiful!!
Like owning a piece of history. The color is perfection!!
Wow.
I'm so happy that you took the leap of faith on this piece!!
Thank you Kimber418 and TGG: I was really anxious about it! I had tried on some of the chalcedony alhambra and the color was much more faint which makes sense as it is thin slices of stone. I had seen the clip in Madison a few times several years ago and it did not grab me as they seemed (as I recall) either too translucent (washed out) or too grayish (washed out) BUT I had seen photos of the stone that seemed stronger here and there so it just goes to show that these natural materials can really be quite variable.

I love Rose de Noel, I love the design, it is very feminine and has a great 50's and 60's feel to it. Not retro, but classic and of a time when ladies wore pins .

I adore the Angel skin coral ! This could be a signature piece for you.