LV EPI Neverfull vs Gucci Medium Swing tote

Tabbscat

Sep 12, 2012
I have been a long time LV lover and I am in need of a simple, discreet, black tote bag. I am looking at these two bags and could really use some advice from people who are familiar with the durability of both styles/leathers.

EPI NF - I love the look, hear that EPI is very durable, however I see a ton of crappy looking beat up EPI on eBay and that scares me. I like the pouch but it is not a must have for me. I have a canvas MM NF and know that I like the size. I like the lining better than the Gucci because it is microfiber vs linen cloth.

Gucci swing - Never had a Gucci so I don't know about the durability or quality of their products. Price is great compared to the NF. Has a couple more inside pockets for phone and keys which is nice. I worry that it won't look as good as the LV after a few years. I think the size is slightly bigger than the NF.

Help Me out guys! I don't want to buy another black tote for 20 years so this one has to last, lol. I am looking for classic and timeless. I am only going to use it for travel, so maybe 6-8 times per year.

Here are the Picts of the bags ;)ImageUploadedByPurseForum1464290862.224410.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1464290873.189602.jpg

WHICH ONE DO I BUY?? Thanks in advance for the advice. :smile:))

Reactions: dotty8
I have been a long time LV lover and I am in need of a simple, discreet, black tote bag. I am looking at these two bags and could really use some advice from people who are familiar with the durability of both styles/leathers.

EPI NF - I love the look, hear that EPI is very durable, however I see a ton of crappy looking beat up EPI on eBay and that scares me. I like the pouch but it is not a must have for me. I have a canvas MM NF and know that I like the size. I like the lining better than the Gucci because it is microfiber vs linen cloth.

Gucci swing - Never had a Gucci so I don't know about the durability or quality of their products. Price is great compared to the NF. Has a couple more inside pockets for phone and keys which is nice. I worry that it won't look as good as the LV after a few years. I think the size is slightly bigger than the NF.

Help Me out guys! I don't want to buy another black tote for 20 years so this one has to last, lol. I am looking for classic and timeless. I am only going to use it for travel, so maybe 6-8 times per year.

Here are the Picts of the bags ;)View attachment 3366174View attachment 3366175

WHICH ONE DO I BUY?? Thanks in advance for the advice. :smile:))
both are great choices but this is probably a better question in the general forum Vs the lv section.
I'm a big Gucci fan and have multiple items the quality is great and leather is soft and supple. Also Gucci is currently having a sale and the swing tote is included so I'm not sure if that will sway your decision. If you look in the Gucci forum there's a lot of good feedback on the tote.
www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/sale/women/h...397CAO0G1000?gclid=CJWjm5q_-MwCFcRahgodxwsOZA

Good luck!!

both are great choices but this is probably a better question in the general forum Vs the lv section.
I'm a big Gucci fan and have multiple items the quality is great and leather is soft and supple. Also Gucci is currently having a sale and the swing tote is included so I'm not sure if that will sway your decision. If you look in the Gucci forum there's a lot of good feedback on the tote.
www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/sale/women/h...397CAO0G1000?gclid=CJWjm5q_-MwCFcRahgodxwsOZA

Good luck!!

Thanks so much :smile:. I have been watching the sale and actually picked up the pink disco :smile:. I'm probably going to order the tote at the sale price through Nordstrom so it will be an easy return if I decide on the NF. Since you have had many Gucci pieces, do u have an idea how it would wear long term vs epi?

I personally like both bags, and I plan on getting a Gucci reversible tote before the summer is over, but I will say honestly that I like the LV Epi better than the Gucci medium swing when it comes to these two bags. I just want some things to be different on the Gucci bag. I know it is silly, but I don't like the gold print, printed on the leather. I'd rather have a small plaque or the leather embossed, but gold print can rub off and I don't like the thought of that. I also think the leather is softer on the Gucci bag, which is lovely, but isn't always a good thing...the LV Epi leather is more structured and durable and will probably tend to scratch less. I think in the long run the LV Epi bag will keep its structure longer.

In general, I like the Epi Neverfull better, but for the price, you really can't beat getting a swing tote. I just ordered one too (my first Gucci ever) cause the price was too good to pass up. Since you are only using it for travel, I say get the Gucci and spend the savings on something else. :smile:

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond. I am
Leaning towards the LV because I feel like if the price were the same for both bags I would choose the NF. Figuring I am looking for a long term bag, it is probably better to save another 6 months to get the NF. Of course, I may change my tune once I get my disco if I fall in Love with Gucci. [emoji175]

Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond. I am
Leaning towards the LV because I feel like if the price were the same for both bags I would choose the NF. Figuring I am looking for a long term bag, it is probably better to save another 6 months to get the NF. Of course, I may change my tune once I get my disco if I fall in Love with Gucci. [emoji175]

I've 2 disco bags which I love to death but I still prefer the NF over swing tote, if it helps. :P Hope you get your hands on the disco soon! :smile:

I have a black epi NF that I love but it gets heavy easily. Also, I've never used it while traveling because it's not a bag I can just throw around. I mainly use it for work or church where I can be more careful with it. If you're only going to be using it 6-8 times a year, I'd say get the Gucci. But if you're going to use it for other occasions as well then get the NF.

Is the Swing heavy? Love that the Neverfull is in Epi but not the boxiness. I would seriously consider the LockMe Cabas. There's a reveal and owner says it's light. Probably the strap are more comfy than Neverfull's thinner straps.

Is the Swing heavy? Love that the Neverfull is in Epi but not the boxiness. I would seriously consider the LockMe Cabas. There's a reveal and owner says it's light. Probably the strap are more comfy than Neverfull's thinner straps.

Just checked out the reveal. It is a beauty for sure. I couldn't find it on the website though....dare I ask how much it costs?