Chanel vs Dior

missyb

O.G.
May 29, 2007
Which do you think is better quality? Chanel or Dior. I'm interested in getting a small diorama in black or keeping the Chanel caviar ghw Woc I just got. Opinions please!

I have both and think they are pretty much equal in quality. The only difference I've seen so far is I find the Dior lamb to be more durable than the Chanel lamb.

You didn't mention resale but Chanel holds its value better than Dior.

Between the two, I would decide based on the style. I don't think you will have any quality issues with either one.

I have both and think they are pretty much equal in quality. The only difference I've seen so far is I find the Dior lamb to be more durable than the Chanel lamb.

You didn't mention resale but Chanel holds its value better than Dior.

Between the two, I would decide based on the style. I don't think you will have any quality issues with either one.
I agree the craftsmanship should be equally excellent in both. I would choose based on style.

I don't have either bags but I have brands bags.

I would stick with the one you've gone for first (Chanel) just because you may be second guessing yourself. I have a feeling if you went with the Dior you'd be thinking about Chanel again ;).

From what I've handled in stores, Dior has been quality control than Chanel across most of their line up. I'd take a python or suede diorissimo any day of the week.

To be frank, Dior has far more superior quality than Chanel, but Chanel is a more popular brand so the resale value is better.

To be honest, Chanel quality has been on the decrease in the last several years. I have not seen the same issues with Dior. I feel now that Dior definitely wins hands down on quality over Chanel. I actually have a couple friends who were die-hard Chanel fans who have switched to Dior because they got tired of the decreasing Chanel quality. I have always been a fan of Dior over Chanel.