New City - keep or return???

The leather on this bag is lovely and thick, but it's so shiny compared to the last Bal I bought a few years ago? It's a bit off putting, should I keep it or look for another? :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 551
I agree with you, the leather is really lovely and I also agree with you that it's too shiny.
I think the current shine is to protect the colour from fading so in a sense it's a good thing and it absolutely will get less shiny with use.

Yep, I think so too, definitely too shiny. I decided to return it. I know the shine will wear off, but I was concerned that it might become patchily shiny :weird: and also that it might take a while to disappear! So she's gone back this morning.

It's hard when your used to the older leathers which did not have this 'shine', but as others noted .. it does go away over time, so I wouldn't worry about it to be honest!

It's hard when your used to the older leathers which did not have this 'shine', but as others noted .. it does go away over time, so I wouldn't worry about it to be honest!

Thanks CeeJay, but it's gone back now. I did think about keeping it, but honestly not sure I'd have worn it enough to wear the shine off?! It looked like crinkle patent almost. This was a new bag, but from 2015, so I might go and have a look at newer stock and see if that's a bit better :smile:

Thanks CeeJay, but it's gone back now. I did think about keeping it, but honestly not sure I'd have worn it enough to wear the shine off?! It looked like crinkle patent almost. This was a new bag, but from 2015, so I might go and have a look at newer stock and see if that's a bit better :smile:

I returned a 2015 gris fossile first for the same reason. the bag looked like patent leather and as a result, it looked very cheap to me. It was also an online purchase. I don't think you should ever have to wait for an item this expensive to *maybe* become something you'll like, *if* something happens (like the sine dulling down). You've got to love it from the first use!

^^ I hear 'ya .. this is why I count myself SO LUCKY in that I can see the bags IRL! The ONLY time I ever purchased a bag 'online', it was a disaster ('06 Emerald City), so NEVER again!!!