2016 Canceled TV Shows

I loved The Family! It had a lot of twists and was really well done. Super bummed about that.

And I'm obsessed with Nashville so I really don't get that one - people are trying to protest but does that ever work?!

No, sadly they don't. Yes shows are sometimes picked up by another network or go to streaming, but it's not because of fan protests.

There's a lot that the average viewer doesn't understand about ratings and the decision to cancel shows. If anyone is interested in understanding more of it, I recommend The TV Grim Reaper (formally known as the Cancellation Bear). Throughout the season, he predicts renewals and cancellations and he explains why. He has a really good record. The best at predicting that I know.

For example, this year's results for him were:

CBS: 21-2-1
ABC: 22-3
NBC: 18-0-2
Fox: 14-2-2
CW: 8-2-2

I would disagree that these were the case of fan petitions. The deals were already in the works before the cancellation was even announced. Or the network picked up a recycled show because they didn't have any new shows that were panning out.

Often, the switch in venue is also because the networks are actually run by the same parent company. Or the new deal meant that the new network would get DVD rights for all seasons.

I loved The Family! It had a lot of twists and was really well done. Super bummed about that.

And I'm obsessed with Nashville so I really don't get that one - people are trying to protest but does that ever work?!

With Family Guy, it was more like an indirect protest.

It was cancelled in 2002. After the show ended, a DVD was released. It sold 400,000 copies in the first month alone. When Cartoon Network's Adult Swim picked it up in syndication, their ratings went up 239 percent.

In 2005, Fox renewed the series.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/cul...-culture/10-protests-that-saved-tv-shows2.htm