Is a rolex submariner flashy?

Jul 19, 2008
I don't post here often, but would like some opinions from the ladies. I purchased a sub a year ago, and I wonder if it looks too flashy? My sister says it doesn't and that she doesn't like the bezel on the watch.

Personally, I do love the watch and it's design but I don't want to walk around looking like a "douche" with it around my wrist blinging around. Most people say it doesn't look flashy, and some say the bracelet is a bit.

What do you guys think? I'd like to stay under the radar, but love wearing a solid watch that would last me a lifetime.

I tried posting on reddit, and the vast majority said they don't care for a man's watch. Just trying to boost my image.

*edit - I'm thinking about selling it and getting something else (IWC Pilot, Rolex Oyster Perpetual or something else)

Last edited:
Reactions: UpUpnAway
nope, I don't find it flashy at all. It's a nice looking stainless steel watch. To me, the submariner can be worn as a daily beater. I know it is a rolex, but just like most luxe purses, only people who know the brand will recognize it as as such.

Wear your sub and enjoy it!

My sub (two tone bluesy) is my daily wearer to work (I work in a lab). I consider it my trademark piece. Sometimes I dress it down by putting it on a Nato strap, and I have several to match my moods. A black sub looks outstanding on a Nato.

Attachments

• sub2.jpg
    sub2.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 1,334
  • sub3.jpg
    sub3.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 1,641
  • sub1.jpg
    sub1.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 1,612
  • sub4.jpg
    sub4.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 1,185
I don't think it's flashy at all. My husband has one and I find it to be too big for me. But if you like the way it looks and works for your lifestyle, I don't think you should be concerned about it being flashy. Good luck with your decision!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,459