Questions and please give me suggestions

kae502

May 31, 2014
I love hand held bags, plus I love epi leather but would like to branch out. I have been thinking about getting a preloved Tivoli PM. This would be my first monogram handbag, actually my first mono anything. The question is can it easily be carried on the shoulder? Also any suggestions for a different bag.

I love hand held bags, plus I love epi leather but would like to branch out. I have been thinking about getting a preloved Tivoli PM. This would be my first monogram handbag, actually my first mono anything. The question is can it easily be carried on the shoulder? Also any suggestions for a different bag.

I had the Tivoli PM for years and I sold it because lifestyle changed and I was getting tired of handheld bags. So to answer your question, no, it's not meant to be carried on the shoulder. The handles are short and round so it's really uncomfortable to carry it on your shoulder even if you manage to squeeze the handles all the way through. If you're looking for a handheld (only) bag then I think this would be great for you. It's a gorgeous bag. Otherwise, I think something like the Siena or the Mazarine are great alternatives if you're looking for something that looks similar to the Tivoli PM, but more versatile. HTH.

I had the Tivoli PM for years and I sold it because lifestyle changed and I was getting tired of handheld bags. So to answer your question, no, it's not meant to be carried on the shoulder. The handles are short and round so it's really uncomfortable to carry it on your shoulder even if you manage to squeeze the handles all the way through. If you're looking for a handheld (only) bag then I think this would be great for you. It's a gorgeous bag. Otherwise, I think something like the Siena or the Mazarine are great alternatives if you're looking for something that looks similar to the Tivoli PM, but more versatile. HTH.

Thanks you for the ideas, the Mazarine seems to be getting quite the following.:smile:

I am a handheld girl myself and I didn't ever know my artsy which I just got was meant to be carried as a handled / crook. While the handle is not long enough for a traditional should carry I can fling it up there if I ever had too. Also what about the Delightful? It's a flat strap and that's also comfy. I have to say I am loving and sooooo hooked on my artsy. It feels so good to carry in my hand. Oh and to add if this makes any sense I have tried and had bag similar to the sienna and such - I personally find that with a structured bag with a hand held and a shoulder , whenever I have had to use the shoulder I don't care for the way the bag sticks out or lays on the body. I find it awkward. I can feel the bag swing.

I love hand held bags also and I think Epi leather is so gorgeous, sophisticated and classy. Every time I try and branch out, I end up selling the bag because it doesn't suit my style or carry preference. There are some lovely hobos, but I've realized I'm not a shoulder bag girl. If you don't have an Epi Alma, I'd choose that, or Cluny. Epi is much easier to dress up or down and no vachetta to worry about.

I am a handheld girl myself and I didn't ever know my artsy which I just got was meant to be carried as a handled / crook. While the handle is not long enough for a traditional should carry I can fling it up there if I ever had too. Also what about the Delightful? It's a flat strap and that's also comfy. I have to say I am loving and sooooo hooked on my artsy. It feels so good to carry in my hand. Oh and to add if this makes any sense I have tried and had bag similar to the sienna and such - I personally find that with a structured bag with a hand held and a shoulder , whenever I have had to use the shoulder I don't care for the way the bag sticks out or lays on the body. I find it awkward. I can feel the bag swing.

Since one of my coworkers got an Artsy (funny story goes with that) I kind of want one. I think I might need to go to LV sometime to try a few different ones on.

I love hand held bags also and I think Epi leather is so gorgeous, sophisticated and classy. Every time I try and branch out, I end up selling the bag because it doesn't suit my style or carry preference. There are some lovely hobos, but I've realized I'm not a shoulder bag girl. If you don't have an Epi Alma, I'd choose that, or Cluny. Epi is much easier to dress up or down and no vachetta to worry about.

I have 4 Almas, 2 are epi and 2 are Taurillon leather, brea epi, pont neuf epi etc... LOL I do know what you mean about buying then finding out they are just not for you. I went through that with the totally and the Westminster.

Since one of my coworkers got an Artsy (funny story goes with that) I kind of want one. I think I might need to go to LV sometime to try a few different ones on.

It truly comes down to that. I tried on the speedy / neverful / delightful and the SA brought the artsy. I was not going to ask for it because I felt it was a lot for my hubby to buy me. I was torn between the speedy and artsy. He told me to get the artsy and I am so happy I did. I can always go another time and get the speedy. You have to try it. Would love to hear the story! Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post. [emoji4]. Oh and keep in mind I personally feel leather hand helds are more heavy than canvas.