LV Mazarine - anybody have any reviews?

Aug 19, 2009
I just bought a Riviera in Damier Azur but returned it immediately due to my overwhelming all-consuming fear of color transfer. :nogood:

Then I got a Siena PM but the stitching is mis-aligned and so are the tabs at the top. :mad:

I am considering the Mazarine MM but the empreinte leather price point is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than any of the canvas bags. I have about a week to decide whether I'm getting another Siena (with the misalignment issues in the USA-made bags) or splurging on the Mazarine!

Thanks in advance for your advice!!

I have the Mazarine PM and it's essentially the Siena PM, but with two zippers and in Empreinte leather. I LVoe my Mazarine PM and I would not trade it for anything else. I know the price is a little high, but it's totally worth it! The Empreinte leather just makes the bag feel and look so luxurious. It's a great every day bag and absolutely worry-free! It's such an underrated bag and I don't think many people know about it. I'm glad you asked though. HTH.

Just wondering, which color would you get?

I totally agree! I have had my Mazarine since Christmas and it is a beautiful, stress free bag. I also have the PM and love the size. I highly recommend this bag. You will not be disappointed.

I have the Mazarine PM and it's essentially the Siena PM, but with two zippers and in Empreinte leather. I LVoe my Mazarine PM and I would not trade it for anything else. I know the price is a little high, but it's totally worth it! The Empreinte leather just makes the bag feel and look so luxurious. It's a great every day bag and absolutely worry-free! It's such an underrated bag and I don't think many people know about it. I'm glad you asked though. HTH.

Just wondering, which color would you get?

I think I'm gravitating toward the black one. Is the Mazarine PM the same size as the Siena PM? Thanks!

I've compared my Mazarine PM with my sis in law's Siena PM before and yes, they're the same size.

The black is nice; that was my second choice if Taupe wasn't available.

Do you feel like you can fit less stuff in the mazarine pm (compared to siena pm) because the magnetic closure takes up a little bit of space in the middle? Thanks!!

Do you feel like you can fit less stuff in the mazarine pm (compared to siena pm) because the magnetic closure takes up a little bit of space in the middle? Thanks!!

Hmm I don't think so... But then again, I don't carry a lot so it barely fills up the bag. I think it'd be the best for you to stop by an LV store and compare them side by side.

I would love to but the closest store is 4 hours away :sad:

Thanks for your help!

Aww I see. I'm on the same boat as you lol. The closest LV store is 3 hours away from me. I actually ordered the Mazarine PM online without ever seeing it in person and it was an instant LVoe.

Just to give you an idea, I usually carry a compact wallet (like the Curieuse, Victorine or Multicartes), car key (no house keys), lip balm, Empreinte Key Pouch, sunglasses (with the bulky case), and a small planner (non-LV), and it only fills the bag about half way. HTH. Good luck with your decision!

Aww I see. I'm on the same boat as you lol. The closest LV store is 3 hours away from me. I actually ordered the Mazarine PM online without ever seeing it in person and it was an instant LVoe.

Just to give you an idea, I usually carry a compact wallet (like the Curieuse, Victorine or Multicartes), car key (no house keys), lip balm, Empreinte Key Pouch, sunglasses (with the bulky case), and a small planner (non-LV), and it only fills the bag about half way. HTH. Good luck with your decision!

Thanks! I might just order both the PM and MM and then just return the one I don't want. Sucks living so far away from a boutique!

I found the MM size HUGE!! It was even larger than the Siena MM which I had at the store with me. Just to warn you.

Seriously??

The website measurements are:

Mazarine MM: 11.8 x 10.2 x 5.9 inches (Length x Height x Width)
Siena MM: 13.4 x 8.7 x 5.9 inches (Length x Height x Width)

Is this totally wrong??? I'm going nuts not being able to see them in person!! :cry::wacko:

I have the Mazarine MM in Taupe, love it, and highly recommend it! The magnetic closure is so handy - it's my favorite feature of this bag. I love the MM size and don't find it heavy at all. Overall I'd say it's a very practical yet beautiful bag. I debated between the black and taupe colors but in the end the taupe won me over. It's just a gorgeous neutral shade and the MM size is perfect for me.