bummed about re-selling my LVs

juicygirl82

Jul 17, 2009
Hello! I recently sold my brand new Emilie Damier Azur wallet that I purchased from louisvuitton.com at the end of March 2016. The buyer is now claiming that I sent them a fake wallet because the date code is TA0186 and that "does not agree with LV coding." The whole reason I sold the wallet is because I wanted the Emilie DA with Rose Ballerine interior. That date code is TA1146. Can someone please explain to me why they would think this is fake? Also, I told them they could call LouisVuitton.com or take to store to authenticate. Does LV maintain the date codes that they sold? I am just super frustrated that this person would accuse me of selling a fake. Here's a link to my item, just in case it is needed: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...view=all&tid=0

PLEASE HELP! Thank you so much!

Hello! I recently sold my brand new Emilie Damier Azur wallet that I purchased from louisvuitton.com at the end of March 2016. The buyer is now claiming that I sent them a fake wallet because the date code is TA0186 and that "does not agree with LV coding." The whole reason I sold the wallet is because I wanted the Emilie DA with Rose Ballerine interior. That date code is TA1146. Can someone please explain to me why they would think this is fake? Also, I told them they could call LouisVuitton.com or take to store to authenticate. Does LV maintain the date codes that they sold? I am just super frustrated that this person would accuse me of selling a fake. Here's a link to my item, just in case it is needed: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...view=all&tid=0

PLEASE HELP! Thank you so much!

All items manufactured on the same day at the same factory will have the exact same date code.

Also, date codes are not a guarantee of authenticity. Many fake items have date codes unfortunately.

I clicked on the link but your listing is not on the website.

Do you have still have the LV receipt to show that you purchased it from LV?

Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/222114299281

Authentic Louis Vuitton Emilie Damier Azur Wallet Slightly Used

Try this. And yes i included everything! The invoice, box, dustbag etc. I am just super frustrated :/

All items manufactured on the same day at the same factory will have the exact same date code.

Also, date codes are not a guarantee of authenticity. Many fake items have date codes unfortunately.

That sucks that people who sell fake stuff dishonestly make it hard for us who are selling authentic stuff with legit reasons. I would have returned it to LV but it was past the 14 day return period 😢

Unfortunately LV staff are not trained to authenticate, only compare between what's in the store and what the customer has in their hand, and it would be best to have a reputable third party, such as Carol Diva, do so instead. If you have the receipt from your purchase this also helps to lend credibility. Another thing that might have thrown the buyer is how recently the wallet was made, they may have been expecting an older date code instead of realizing how short it actually takes for a product to go from workshop to store.

As Fabuleux mentioned, a lot of fakes have date codes. Also, any product made during a particular week will share the same code with hundreds of other items from the same location...the code is used to track batches and occasionally track a repair item (that's the only time a SA will actually look for it) as opposed to being used for authenticity.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I've been accused of selling a fake to the most random and uninformed buyers. Not just with LV but with other designer stuff. It is so frustrating and disheartening.

LV doesn't authenticate officially and depending on the store or SA, they may not even authenticate for her. Perhaps you can refer her to a qualified authenticator like Meme's Treasures or Caroldiva? I've also invited buyers to authenticate over at this forum if they are worried about authenticity. Usually that alleviates doubt.

I totally empathize.

Unfortunately LV staff are not trained to authenticate, only compare between what's in the store and what the customer has in their hand, and it would be best to have a reputable third party, such as Carol Diva, do so instead. If you have the receipt from your purchase this also helps to lend credibility. Another thing that might have thrown the buyer is how recently the wallet was made, they may have been expecting an older date code instead of realizing how short it actually takes for a product to go from workshop to store.

As Fabuleux mentioned, a lot of fakes have date codes. Also, any product made during a particular week will share the same code with hundreds of other items from the same location...the code is used to track batches and occasionally track a repair item (that's the only time a SA will actually look for it) as opposed to being used for authenticity.

Good idea! I will refer them over here and to Carol Diva. Thanks so much!

I'm sorry this happened to you. I've been accused of selling a fake to the most random and uninformed buyers. Not just with LV but with other designer stuff. It is so frustrating and disheartening.

LV doesn't authenticate officially and depending on the store or SA, they may not even authenticate for her. Perhaps you can refer her to a qualified authenticator like Meme's Treasures or Caroldiva? I've also invited buyers to authenticate over at this forum if they are worried about authenticity. Usually that alleviates doubt.

I totally empathize.

So frustrating. Especially since I would never even consider selling fakes as authentic items. It makes me not want to sell anything anymore even though I know there are many people out there who would enjoy the item and I really don't need two emilies in Damier azur. Do you still sell?

I also have to agree with another poster about possible buyer's remorse. There's an old saying among those in sales: "buyers are liars"...this may be the case unfortunately.

I am thinking this is the case. In my listing, I even said that you are welcome to ****************** because there will be no returns. I provided the invoices, the original mailing box that says Louis Vuitton on the inside, everything! And they wrote that the date code just doesn't make sense to them. I don't know how else I could have possibly proved that it's authentic!

So frustrating. Especially since I would never even consider selling fakes as authentic items. It makes me not want to sell anything anymore even though I know there are many people out there who would enjoy the item and I really don't need two emilies in Damier azur. Do you still sell?

I've streamlined my collection quite a bit so I don't really need to sell anything at the moment. I've been thinking about selling one of my LVs, but I've been so put off with selling, I've been kinda lazy with it. And no offense, but in my experience selling LV is the worst because the buyers are so obscenely picky about the most random things and details.

My most recent experience was when a buyer accused me of selling her a fake bag (one that I personally bought directly from the store! :cursing:). It was really annoying and I got in a "texting" argument with her while I was having my anniversary dinner with my boyfriend! I invited her to authenticate here and that I would never risk hurting my reputation by selling fakes. She ended up not authenticating it and FINALLY just take my word that the bag was authentic! Ugh, so frustrating! :rant: Next time I decide to sell, I'm eating the loss and going through consignment!