TODS Wave Bag

http://www.farfetch.com/sg/shopping/women/item-11288436.aspx?q=11288436
I just received this cobalt blue Tod's Wave bag from Farfetch. It was advertised as "Small", but it is more like the "Mini" in size. The color is beautiful and I like the design even though it is a bit hard to get into. It looks authentic. It came with tags with ID number and bar code and there is a card with a Tod's envelop inside the zippered compartment with care instructions. The inside of the bag is stuffed with yellow paper and there is a brown Tod's envelop, but it is empty. I have not bought a Tod's bag for a while. Should there be an authentication card inside like the Prada bag's? The handle does not have little bumps on the inside. Paid $1,356. Good price if it is authentic. Thanks.

Beautiful bag, lovely colour! I'm currently lusting over the raspberry shade, I even dreamt about it the other night! :graucho: When you say it's hard to get in to, do you think that will affect how often you use it?

I have 2 Tod's (both hobos) neither came with a warranty card, but I'm probably not the person to authenticate as I don't have this bag and I buy from the UK, so there may be differences in what we get vs what you get elsewhere. It looks fab though!

Thank you ladies for your replies. It is good to know Tod's does not provide authenticity card with their handbags. One of our local boutiques finally had a Wave bag. I went to the store to look at it. The inside is packed exactly as mine and the empty envelop I found in mine is actually for the outside strap. So I think my Wave bag is genuine. I do like the design a lot. The small size may be better if you want an everyday handbag. Since I will be using this cobalt blue bag only occasionally, I think the mini size is fine. The design does not look as good when it gets to medium and large.

For the mini, you need to open the zipper all the way to get inside. does not work if you do not zip at all, but half way is OK. The outside pocket will fit a regular size phone but not the plus size.

I especially like the mini/micro size. Seems they started giving to celebrities. Want to check in person.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 2.34.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 2.34.33 PM.png
    934.3 KB · Views: 2,823
http://www.farfetch.com/sg/shopping/women/item-11288436.aspx?q=11288436
I just received this cobalt blue Tod's Wave bag from Farfetch. It was advertised as "Small", but it is more like the "Mini" in size. The color is beautiful and I like the design even though it is a bit hard to get into. It looks authentic. It came with tags with ID number and bar code and there is a card with a Tod's envelop inside the zippered compartment with care instructions. The inside of the bag is stuffed with yellow paper and there is a brown Tod's envelop, but it is empty. I have not bought a Tod's bag for a while. Should there be an authentication card inside like the Prada bag's? The handle does not have little bumps on the inside. Paid $1,356. Good price if it is authentic. Thanks.

I bought one from Saks yesterday and it did have yellow paper stuffing, and the shoulder strap was in the brown envelope. I also got a card with the serial number, but no hologram. Haven't owned a Prada, but my Chanel is hologrammed on card and inside handbag. And, the strap does NOT have the little bumps. They are all around the bottom and come up in two "waves" on the bottm front and bottom back. Mine is the mini in light gray. I LOVE it!

Last edited:
I'm still curious what you could fit inside the micro and mini! :wondering Does anyone of the new owners want to share some pictures with a filled wave bag? :sweatdrop: :drool: I want to buy one but I just can't decide which size would be best...

I'm still curious what you could fit inside the micro and mini! :wondering Does anyone of the new owners want to share some pictures with a filled wave bag? :sweatdrop: :drool: I want to buy one but I just can't decide which size would be best...

I have the mini and it's a great everyday sized bag - I carry a continental wallet, cosmetic pouch, flat pouch for cards, key pouch and coin purse. I can also fit my sunglasses (Tom Ford, big case) on top and phone in the back slip pocket. It's a little heavy, but the long strap is great for cross body carry. I find the small is really a medium size bag and would fit all of the above plus a book/kindle and scarf. I LOVE this bag! It is so unique and beautifully made - it's super fun and I'd love another in a bright color! ;)

Attachments

• tods mini wave.jpg
    tods mini wave.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 3,276
  • mini wave b.jpg
    mini wave b.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 2,213
  • mini wave.jpg
    mini wave.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 1,903
Reactions: floodette
I have the mini and it's a great everyday sized bag - I carry a continental wallet, cosmetic pouch, flat pouch for cards, key pouch and coin purse. I can also fit my sunglasses (Tom Ford, big case) on top and phone in the back slip pocket. It's a little heavy, but the long strap is great for cross body carry. I find the small is really a medium size bag and would fit all of the above plus a book/kindle and scarf. I LOVE this bag! It is so unique and beautifully made - it's super fun and I'd love another in a bright color! ;)

Thanks a lot for sharing :graucho: I love what I see!

Hi ladies, I am considering too. I am intrigued about the opening. I can't work it out!

I finally got to play around with one in the Tod's store in Lisbon this week. It's a sort of fold up and unzip thing, it's not difficult, but it does require 2 hands. I think I'd get a bit annoyed and probably scratch myself on the zip, putting things in and taking them out. It's still a very pretty bag though.

I bought the medium size one recently as an everyday bag. OVerall love it. Searched quite a few stores for ideal size, colour, durability. This was great. Back pocket fits two phones and can still snap button closed. Fits work files, ipad, and makeup very comfortably.

zip can be a bit funny and today had a massive shock. one pebble has already fallen off. Anyone have this issue? Have written to the store and waiting to hear back.