Pre loved Sticky and Peeling Pockets

I don't think so. Most of the ones I've seen are sticky especially if it has been in a hot sticky climate.
The material of the lining breaks down over time. I picked up a Jeune Fille years ago for a great price. When it came, I took an Exacto knife and removed the lining. This is a trendy style again. I have the PM but wish I had the MM. Good luck with your search.

Is there anyway to prevent it? I found a pre loved Jeune Fille I'm considering purchasing that looks in good condition. Is it inevitable that it will also peel and get sticky?

I think as long as you don't live in a humid environment, you should be ok. LV uses the same material in wallets (along the credit card pockets and billfold/check flaps) and I've never had any of mine break down and have stickiness or peeling because I live in a dry climate area.

If you live somewhere that gets humid, try to store your bag in a dry environment or use those little silica gel packets to keep the bag dry.

Reactions: Withlovejoy
I'm in search of a Jeune Fille crossbody. Almost all of them have peeling/sticky pockets. What causes that?

The lining was called Vuittonite and did not age very well over long periods of time... it did peel and get all sticky. It's found in bags and older cosmetic cases and toiletry bags.

The newer version of the Vuittonite doesn't age like that.

The lining was called Vuittonite and did not age very well over long periods of time... it did peel and get all sticky. It's found in bags and older cosmetic cases and toiletry bags.

The newer version of the Vuittonite doesn't age like that.
Is there a way to stop it from getting worst? My LV Petit bucket is started to get sticky :sad:

LV suggested to have it re-lined. My bag is made in 2000; therefore, the peeling/stickiness is just started. I have heart that using baking soda and/or baby powder would cut out the stickiness for my case. I will try to apply it periodically, will see if it would help! ;)

Reactions: Withlovejoy
Some ladies in the LV Rescue Club, some used Simple Green and a scrub brush to clean/remove the stickiness in their buckets. And for the pockets of the other bags, some used nail polish remover to wipe the inside clean then used baby powder to prevent stickiness.
I myself havent tried it, but from reading alot of other ladies have and it worked.

Hmmm. I wonder how much it costs to replace entire lining of a Trousse 28. I just got my hands on one from 1990 at a good price and though it looks great now, in time and after used chances are it will start to peel and get sticky.

Hmmm. I wonder how much it costs to replace entire lining of a Trousse 28. I just got my hands on one from 1990 at a good price and though it looks great now, in time and after used chances are it will start to peel and get sticky.
I'm a little late responding but that stickiness in generally caused by warm temperatures and/or high levels of humidity breaking down the lining called "Vuittonite". It's often seen in pieces that come from more tropical countries such as parts of Asia or that were used/stored in places such as a bathroom; if you live in a cooler/drier climate and plan to keep the Trousse in your purse/outside of the bathroom then the chances of you having problems are actually very low.