Is my Artsy handle normal?

forever.elise

Jan 7, 2014
Hey everyone! I've been pretty crazy the last couple days and really want to get back to my coffee time and TPF!
But I have one quick question! I noticed my brand new Artsy handle looks a little different on one side compared the the other. It looks like the leather has tiny cracks near the holes? But the opposite side is perfect! I'm not sure if this is just how the handle is braided. I hope my pictures are clear, but if anyone else sees this on their bag, too, I will be assured that it's just part of the braiding process.
I am going to LV tomorrow just to check out other Artsy bags, and ask if what I have is normal. Thanks for your input!
Questionable side:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463274625.170740.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1463274634.968267.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1463274657.698503.jpg
Now this is the other side where the holes look perfect:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463274699.924445.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1463274709.489170.jpg

Hey Jodee, thanks for responding. I guess I don't understand why one side looks completely different from the other on my bag...I have never paid much attention to the braid in real life until I bought it...so I just don't know if they all look like this.
I guess it's a bit hard to tell because yours has already developed a beautiful patina and mine is still pretty white...

Your welcome! I can tell what you are talking about though it kind of looks like "indentions" on one side of your Handle I'm not sure! I don't think mine looks like that but the patina could be hiding it I would definitely make a trip to the store and check it out!

Your welcome! I can tell what you are talking about though it kind of looks like "indentions" on one side of your Handle I'm not sure! I don't think mine looks like that but the patina could be hiding it I would definitely make a trip to the store and check it out!

Yeah, I'm going tomorrow but just wanted to know if anyone else's bag is the same! Thanks for your input!

I don't have this bag so I can't tell you if it's normal but I feel sad for you that you're worried about it as I know what a special purchase it was and how excited you were. It sucks to be excited about something and then worry about whether it's defective. I hope you're able to get resolution when you take it to the store.

Hard to tell from the pics, but if it's cracks, definitely not normal. Mine is from 2012 and not even an indentation or crease at the holes from normal wear...
Hummm...yeah I'm interested to see what the other handles look like. I actually picked my bag from about 5 different choices, but never looked at the handle! Stupid...

I don't have this bag so I can't tell you if it's normal but I feel sad for you that you're worried about it as I know what a special purchase it was and how excited you were. It sucks to be excited about something and then worry about whether it's defective. I hope you're able to get resolution when you take it to the store.

Well, I actually debated even making this thread. Don't get me wrong, I love my bag and I'm hoping that the rest of the bags I see tomorrow are the same as mine. I am thinking it's just the way they braid the handle... But if all the other bags look perfect on both sides I'm going to ask about mine. I got it two weeks ago exactly, and only started using it last week. If it's different than other handles, it's a defect.

UPDATE:

They exchanged my bag. There was only one other bag I saw that looked like it had similar cracks. I took a better picture of my old bag under he natural light before I brought it back.
This was my old bag:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463336158.284363.jpg

Hopefully the new one stays in good condition. I think the braid on the first bag was too far over and maybe caused the leather to stress.
I really appreciated them exchanging it for me. I was disappointed to have to make an exchange because I fell in love with my bag, but I didn't want those cracks to get worse. They were very patient and kind, so for that I was very happy.

That is peculiar that the two sides look slightly different. I would just have to say it might be from setting the bag down on something and it making indents in the leather or maybe it's just from wear? I would definitely go to the LV store thought just to make sure it's not a defect or something.

That is peculiar that the two sides look slightly different. I would just have to say it might be from setting the bag down on something and it making indents in the leather or maybe it's just from wear? I would definitely go to the LV store thought just to make sure it's not a defect or something.

I did go today and they exchanged my bag. It was defiantly peculiar and I'm positive not from wear. I have only used it for one week and I am extremely careful with my bags. I don't even carry it on my shoulder. Also, I only carry my makeup bag, tissues, Cles, and cellphone. But bag is not overstuffed at all. I saw other bags and it didn't seem to be on any of them, so maybe it was only my handle.
The new bag I got today does not have any splits like the last, so I'm happy they exchanged for me.

IMG_1400.JPG IMG_1401.JPG IMG_1402.JPG IMG_1403.JPG IMG_1402.JPG IMG_1401.JPG IMG_1401.JPG IMG_1400.JPG
Yeah, I'm going tomorrow but just wanted to know if anyone else's bag is the same! Thanks for your input!
Hi
I just bought the artsy in damier azur and im wondering the same thing. I bought it 3 weeks ago, i havent used it once, the handle is still wrapped in the plastic but I noticed that the handle is wrinkled on the bottom and on the braid there are some strange marks, sorry cant really describe it. I hope the pics are visible enough to see. Not sure if its normal or not I may have to drive to the LV store to find out.

View attachment 3661645 View attachment 3661646 View attachment 3661647 View attachment 3661648 View attachment 3661647 View attachment 3661646 View attachment 3661646 View attachment 3661645
Hi
I just bought the artsy in damier azur and im wondering the same thing. I bought it 3 weeks ago, i havent used it once, the handle is still wrapped in the plastic but I noticed that the handle is wrinkled on the bottom and on the braid there are some strange marks, sorry cant really describe it. I hope the pics are visible enough to see. Not sure if its normal or not I may have to drive to the LV store to find out.

It looks normal to me it will wrinkle on the bottom in the center where it bends mine looks the same