Future dilemma: coco handle vs classic flap?

bonjourErin

Jan 19, 2009
Hello Everyone!

Let me give some background:

I've purchased the classic jumbo caviar with ghw in the past but didn't love it - I don't know what it was. I loved the look and bag itself - the multiple compartments etc. Now in hindsight - I think it was the hardware. I was always a gold girl, but now I've grown to love silver more. I feel like it's less fussy. I ended up returning the bag because I wasn't head over heels like I thought I would be for a 5k bag.

Coco handle-
I think I saw somewhere that they're re-releasing the coco handle (with the lizard handle - which I loved! But couldn't purchase at the time). I think the handle is everything! And the design overall is very classic in itself.

So the question is... Do I repurchase the classic flap in silver? (Should I stick with caviar or go for lambskin)Or should I go for the coco handle?

I only have one Chanel bag in my collection, which is my old med black lamb boy with rhw (love this bag to pieces)

I tried asking my boyfriend for his opinion but he's biased because he doesn't like the classic at all [emoji23] I can only afford to have one bag, and I'd like to start saving now! Thank you all for your opinion [emoji4]

Coco handle gets my vote. I love this style and currently use it way more than my classics. The shoulder/top handle option is great, it fits a substantial amount, and it is a very user-friendly bag.

another vote for coco handle. i used to really dislike top handle bags, but i actually think they are more classic and versatile as we age. lots of women cannot shoulder carry bags - especially heavy chain bags - when they get older and i think kelly/top handle bags are much better for a woman's collection long-term. and the ability to carry multiple ways makes it much more functional, imo.

Reactions: celine666666
There are a fair amount of complaints about the jumbo being heavy which I do agree with. The coco handle being released soon will once again have leather lining which makes it pretty special. I find it interesting this will be the third release of this bag-it's popular for a reason. I know I'm on the list! I'd be on the lookout for a preloved jumbo since you'll be able to find one for less.

My vote goes for classic flap - if you're not loving the gold then get silver! I'm a lambskin lover so i say get lambskin with SHW [emoji7]

another vote for coco handle. i used to really dislike top handle bags, but i actually think they are more classic and versatile as we age. lots of women cannot shoulder carry bags - especially heavy chain bags - when they get older and i think kelly/top handle bags are much better for a woman's collection long-term. and the ability to carry multiple ways makes it much more functional, imo.

I totally agree! I also think it's more versatile

There are a fair amount of complaints about the jumbo being heavy which I do agree with. The coco handle being released soon will once again have leather lining which makes it pretty special. I find it interesting this will be the third release of this bag-it's popular for a reason. I know I'm on the list! I'd be on the lookout for a preloved jumbo since you'll be able to find one for less.

Yes it definitely is heavy... I think I'm gonna go for the coco handle! Love that the lizard is leather lined!

Hi gail..correct me if im wrong. I saw the list in fall 1 or 2, the coco handle are in lambskin???