Antigona large canvas shopper - is it durable?

noyes

O.G.
May 10, 2007
Hello,

Considering the current season's large canvas Antigona shopper with the jaguar lining for my first Givenchy purchase.

If you have one of the canvas bags, can you speak to how durable it is? How long have you had it? How soon did it begin to show wear? Would you buy it again?

Thanks!

I have one in the optical print from Pre-Fall 2015.

It's really terrific. As far as the coated canvas goes, it is much stiffer than Vuitton and Goyard. It holds the shape really nice and doesn't slouch.

I find the canvas is the most durable out of Vuitton and Goyard. I've owned all three and I would rank them (from weakest canvas to strongest): Goyard, Vuitton, and Givenchy.

The strap drop is perfect. Any longer and it would be too long. Shorter and it'd be too short.

No corner wear, and I've used it on and off for about 6 months now.

Seeing as the seasonal versions are normally marked down at the end of each season, I would definitely buy it again. Mine was 40% off, and I believe that quality is worth FP. I'll get another if I can find a seasonal print I like enough. I waited about 5 seasons before I saw the optical, and, when I did, I knew it was "the one."

I have one in the optical print from Pre-Fall 2015.

It's really terrific. As far as the coated canvas goes, it is much stiffer than Vuitton and Goyard. It holds the shape really nice and doesn't slouch.

I find the canvas is the most durable out of Vuitton and Goyard. I've owned all three and I would rank them (from weakest canvas to strongest): Goyard, Vuitton, and Givenchy.

The strap drop is perfect. Any longer and it would be too long. Shorter and it'd be too short.

No corner wear, and I've used it on and off for about 6 months now.

Seeing as the seasonal versions are normally marked down at the end of each season, I would definitely buy it again. Mine was 40% off, and I believe that quality is worth FP. I'll get another if I can find a seasonal print I like enough. I waited about 5 seasons before I saw the optical, and, when I did, I knew it was "the one."

Thank you, that's very helpful! I just ordered mine. I just love that jaguar print they're doing right now. :biggrin:

You won't regret. I have my Antigona Large Shopper tote with snarling rottweiler for years now, I didn't baby this bag at all and it shows minimal wear and tear.

OMG I'm so jealous I have been trying to find the Rottweiler tote forever! So edgy and cool, Still kicking myself for not purchasing it when it was available!