Lifesaver: Zero Odor

UCDChick08

O.G.
May 29, 2008
For those of you who are struggling to get rid of any unwanted/unpleasant smell from your handbag or SLG, I'd like to recommend the Zero Odor.

I have a white MC Alexander Wallet from 2008 that I occasionally use. The last time I used it (2014), I had a pregnancy craving for fries so I went to McD. I went to the drive thru, paid with cash, stuffed the change into my wallet, and drove home. The next day on my way to work, I noticed there was a strong, overwhelming perfume smell in my car. I don't use any perfume nor there was any air freshener in my car so I wasn't sure where the smell was coming from. It was so overwhelming that I got a huge headache (I think I was also overly sensitive to smells as I was pregnant). Later I found out that the smell was coming from my wallet... Apparently someone had sprayed perfume on one of the dollar bills that I had gotten back as change at McD. I tried airing out the wallet by the window (for months), baking soda, dryer sheets, and leather cleaner... Nothing worked! I was so upset and I couldn't deal with the smell (it was really strong!) so I stopped using the wallet. Fast forward to last week, I came across the Zero Odor on Amazon and decided to give it a try. It arrived today and I immediately sprayed some on the wallet. I was nervous since I wasn't sure if it'd leave water mark on the vachetta leather... And fortunately, it didn't! No water mark, no stain, nothing! I sprayed 6-8 times on the wallet, let it dry for 30 minutes, and repeated 2 more times. Then I cleaned it with leather cleaner (Cadillac) and voila! The smell is 95% gone!! I can only smell a very faint of perfume if I put it against my nose. I just wanted to share this positive experience with you and hope it'll help some of you getting rid of any unwanted smell from your lovely bag/SLG. Thanks for reading! [emoji177]

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463016950.310287.jpg

I love Zero Odor! We have dogs, so we always keep it on hand to rid of the pet smell in various places (couch, car, rug, etc...). I like to spray it in my trash bin too :smile: Thanks for letting us know that you successfully used it on your wallet.

Ugh! I know those nauseating smells during pregnancy! Still get the feeling sometimes even tho my newborn is almost 6 months so this is perfect. Thanks for sharing!!

Last edited:
My daughter is 29 and some smells still nauseate me! Hopefully, you'll get over it sooner than that.

Thanks for the recommendation! I have a pre-loved addiction that I thought I was going to have to get over due to the smell problem. I might try Zero Odor before I give up.

I love that stuff. It works wonders, I highly recommend too.

I love Zero Odor! We have dogs, so we always keep it on hand to rid of the pet smell in various places (couch, car, rug, etc...). I like to spray it in my trash bin too :smile: Thanks for letting us know that you successfully used it on your wallet.

Glad to hear that there are other Zero Odor lovers out there! I'm going to start using it on the carpet (I'm also a pet owner) and in the kitchen trash bin too! [emoji4]

Sounds like a good product to use if someone buys pre-loved items with an odor. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the tip UCDChick08. I will keep this in mind if/when I have a piece I need to deodorize.

Thanks for the tip! :smile:

Ugh! I know those nauseating smells during pregnancy! Still get the feeling sometimes even tho my newborn is almost 6 months so this is perfect. Thanks for sharing!!

My daughter is 29 and some smells still nauseate me! Hopefully, you'll get over it sooner than that.

Thanks for the recommendation! I have a pre-loved addiction that I thought I was going to have to get over due to the smell problem. I might try Zero Odor before I give up.

No problem! HTH! [emoji5]️

Forgot to mention that I've gotten a lot better with smells after pregnancy. However, my skin became super sensitive. Isn't that interesting?! Pregnancy really changes your body... [emoji53]