Are you Bold Enough?//Crazy Customization on my Balenciaga Day.

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to throw in my $0.02. I purchased a new light gray Botkier Uma bag yesterday on ebay. It was a super low price because it has a few small defects, the main one of which is a 1" blue ink mark on the outside (boo!) I can't afford to pay full price for designer handbags, so I have to get mine used on eBay, or styles from years ago. And although this one is listed as new, it definitely needs TLC in a few exterior areas.

I love the Botkier Uma bag style and although I will try to get the ink mark as well as the few other dark spots out of it first, if that proves impossible, I want to dye it black. I'm concerned about the ruching, though. It has folds other bags don't, so I think it will need a paintbrush rather than a sponge. If I decide to dye it, I'm going to start by practicing on one of my trash bags I don't care about so I can get my technique down first. I sure don't want to ruin my latest acquisition in the pursuit of saving it :yucky:

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to throw in my $0.02. I purchased a new light gray Botkier Uma bag yesterday on ebay. It was a super low price because it has a few small defects, the main one of which is a 1" blue ink mark on the outside (boo!) I can't afford to pay full price for designer handbags, so I have to get mine used on eBay, or styles from years ago. And although this one is listed as new, it definitely needs TLC in a few exterior areas.

I love the Botkier Uma bag style and although I will try to get the ink mark as well as the few other dark spots out of it first, if that proves impossible, I want to dye it black. I'm concerned about the ruching, though. It has folds other bags don't, so I think it will need a paintbrush rather than a sponge. If I decide to dye it, I'm going to start by practicing on one of my trash bags I don't care about so I can get my technique down first. I sure don't want to ruin my latest acquisition in the pursuit of saving it :yucky:
I buy most of my designer bags used, don't feel bad. Can't justify spending the $$$ on a full priced bag.

I think using a paintbrush and practicing is a great idea. I'm getting ready to paint a turquoise Bal with GGH black. But I'm going to try it out on an old Coach first. Good luck!