Is this too casual for an evening wedding dress?

JumpyTigerQ

Feb 27, 2012
Hey everyone, do you guys think this is too casual for an evening wedding? The wedding is at a vineyard, so idk if its considered as an outdoor wedding or a fancy one, it didn't say anything on the invitation regarding the dress code.

I dont want to over dress for the wedding, the braid is my cousin in law. since the dress is red, i thought i can maybe dress it up with accessories, but im not sure now....

What do you think?

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462736043.558739.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1462736068.159690.jpg

maybe a bit casual. perhaps with a nice cardigan it might look a bit better? especially since it's an evening wedding, it could get cold/windy, etc. it's better to just slightly overdress when there is no dress code. just imo.

Yes, its cotton like, do you think i can wear knee length dress for an evening wedding? Or maxi, long dress would be better?
you can definitely wear a knee length dress for an evening wedding but it depends on the fabric, i think cotton dresses are for day and no matter how you dress it up, it'll still be on the casual side.

you can definitely wear a knee length dress for an evening wedding but it depends on the fabric, i think cotton dresses are for day and no matter how you dress it up, it'll still be on the casual side.

True, material matters... Thanks alot on the tips, let me continue my endless searching journey... Which i enjoy.. Lol

I'd wear a knee length dress. Do you live in the US? Nordstrom carries Ted Baker London and there are some gorgeous dresses now. Also, DVF dresses are beautiful for more formal/ dressy occasions and the styles are classic, yet still modern if that makes sense. Prices for both of these brands are also " reasonable" for gorgeous dresses you'll have in your closet for years. Maybe check out sites like Net- a-Porter to see what's available now and how to style it with shoes, bags and accessories. I'm a less is more minimalist, but I get a lot of fabulous inspiration from that site.