Exchange of Damaged Bag?

hthrs

O.G.
May 23, 2012
Hi I just wanted to get some advice on doing an exchange. Last week I drove 1.5 hours to my closest LV to buy my Mono Artsy, well after driving all that way they didn't have any in stock! So then I drove another 40 minutes to the Beverly Center. They had only one, the one out front in the drawer that everyone tries on. Honestly it was my bad that I didn't inspect it better, I was in a hurry because I had to get my kids from school and I was leaving town the next day and I still had to get ready for that. But the SA assured me that it had only come in the day before. Well, when I got home I noticed that the bottom feet are kind of scratched and so is the key ring a little. I know it will get scratched anyway but I want to be the one to do it. I just called and the Beverly Center doesn't have any Artsy's but the store closest to me has 4 so I would like to go there. Is it bad to exchange at a different store from where you bought it and will they give me a hard time? It's obvious I haven't used the bag all the plastic coverings are still in place.

Hi I just wanted to get some advice on doing an exchange. Last week I drove 1.5 hours to my closest LV to buy my Mono Artsy, well after driving all that way they didn't have any in stock! So then I drove another 40 minutes to the Beverly Center. They had only one, the one out front in the drawer that everyone tries on. Honestly it was my bad that I didn't inspect it better, I was in a hurry because I had to get my kids from school and I was leaving town the next day and I still had to get ready for that. But the SA assured me that it had only come in the day before. Well, when I got home I noticed that the bottom feet are kind of scratched and so is the key ring a little. I know it will get scratched anyway but I want to be the one to do it. I just called and the Beverly Center doesn't have any Artsy's but the store closest to me has 4 so I would like to go there. Is it bad to exchange at a different store from where you bought it and will they give me a hard time? It's obvious I haven't used the bag all the plastic coverings are still in place.
No it's not bad. Just go to your local store and see what they say. They may give you a hard time, it really depends on the mood of the SA.

Good luck! :heart:

Ok I exchanged it. The SA did start to say she didn't think the key charm was really scratched but then she saw the feet and admitted they were. She was really nice and I was able to pick from 3 different bags that were all pretty much perfect except one that the handle was a bit wrinkled. The crazy part is my replacement bag was made last week! The 18th week of 2016.

Ok I exchanged it. The SA did start to say she didn't think the key charm was really scratched but then she saw the feet and admitted they were. She was really nice and I was able to pick from 3 different bags that were all pretty much perfect except one that the handle was a bit wrinkled. The crazy part is my replacement bag was made last week! The 18th week of 2016.

Glad to hear that it all worked out for you!