Come See the Gorgeous Bag I Got a a Great Price - Reveal!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I haven't bought a new bag in several months. And I have been holding on to 2 Coach gift cards since Christmas. I went to the outlet a few times but nothing grabbed me. I had high hopes for the Valentines Day sales but no luck.

I finally decided to wait for Mothers Day. I am not a Mother but I was hoping that they would have some good sales and that I would get an outlet coupon - and I did!

I struck out at the Aurora IL outlet yesterday but I went to a different outlet today and I think that I really got lucky; want to see what I got?

Last edited:
I usually go to the Coach Outlet in Aurora IL because it is nearest to my home. When I got the coupon I intended to head over there right away but some unexpected family obligations intervened and I didn't have an opportunity to go outlet shopping.

I finally went to the Aurora outlet yesterday and it was very busy and very disappointing. There were only a few FP deletes and nothing too exciting so I left empty handed.

But I was still in the mood to use those gift cards that I have been hoarding and the coupon was burning a hole in my Coach wallet! So today I went to another outlet that is also in my area and I got lucky. I went to the Fashions Outlets of Chicago Mall near O'Hare International Airport.

They didn't have a lot of FP deletes but they did have a better selection than Aurora. They also had more jewelry items and fobs than Aurora. It wasn't as busy and it was a better experience than Aurora.

I saw a small saddle nomad, taxi totes in teal and orange, some prince street bags, small swaggers, and a few other items. They also had the black Tall Tatum tote and some gathered Madison bags in a orange and red colors and some saffiano domed animal print bags.

But the bag I bought was the best IMO. It was marked down and then 50% off and I got the coupon discount on top of that.

Here are a couple of teaser pics, any idea about what I got?

Attachments

• Teaser1.jpg
    Teaser1.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 941
  • Teaser2.jpg
    Teaser2.jpg
    705.9 KB · Views: 969
Last edited:
Gold metallic Prince St satchel or turnlock tote? I'm trying to remember if any other bag came in that color...��

Good guesses but not correct!

I got a Rhyder Satchel in Brass Metallic, Two Tone Leather with Black Antique Nickel Hardware. The style number is 33739 QB BRS.

It retailed for $495 but was marked down to $343 with 50% off and another 15% off for the coupon. So I got it for only $146 which is a 71% discount!

Here are some pics of my new beauty!

Attachments

• BrassRhyder007.jpg
    BrassRhyder007.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 932
  • BrassRhyder006.jpg
    BrassRhyder006.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 928
  • BrassRhyder004.jpg
    BrassRhyder004.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 958
  • BrassRhyder003.jpg
    BrassRhyder003.jpg
    894.1 KB · Views: 967
  • BrassRhyder010.jpg
    BrassRhyder010.jpg
    959.1 KB · Views: 906
Last edited:
I love this bag!! Great price too, congrats!

Here are the Coach retail listing pages for this bag and a drill-down picture. She's really gorgeous, I had to wait for her but I am happy to have her now and at an unbeatable price! It's a difficult bag to photograph and my pics came out a bit dark and coppery but she is truly a beauty and different from any bag that I own!

Attachments

• 33739_qbbrs_a0.jpg
    33739_qbbrs_a0.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 907
  • 33739_details.jpg
    33739_details.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 907
  • 33739_details2.jpg
    33739_details2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 915
Last edited:
I originally thought that the hardware was gunmetal but the Coach color code for gunmetal is GUN and this bag's hardware is coded QB which stands for Black Antique Nickel.

I've decorated the bag with my little Scottie Dog fob that really is gunmetal (F62436 GUN) and it has a duller, more matte-like finish than the Black Antique Nickel color which is shiny.

You can see the difference in the picture below and I have also posted a drill-down pic of the Scottie fob. I wanted to use my Robot fob but the size was wrong and it kept getting stuck inside the outer front pocket; but I think the Scottie looks cute. It's hard to decorate a bag with gunmetal or black nickel hardware!

Attachments

• BrassRhyder011.jpg
    BrassRhyder011.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 899
  • f62436_gun_a0.jpg
    f62436_gun_a0.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 878
Great find! They are such nice bags and the color is awesome. I think Scottie looks perfect on the bag. It's such a cute charm. I wish they would make something similar with a cat.

Nice find! looks great with that fob too.

Thanks, and the good news is that the bag was so cheap that I still have more than $200 on a gift card and they applied the coupon but didn't scan it so I can still use it! It's good until the end of the month so I may get lucky again!

Last edited: